Q. I have a slight fever and tired with normal EKG. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Rs Gulati Singh Md

I am a 50-year-old female, overall healthy but recently having issues with tiring easily when biking and doing stairs. EKG was fine. CBC showed low WBC, low anion gap, and vitamin D deficiency. I had a low (99.4°) temperature earlier today. In light of Covid-19, and being that I work in public, should I be concerned?

I currently on Focalin and Triamcinolone acetonide.

Dr. Rs Gulati Singh Md

General Practitioner Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through your detailed history and studied the lab results. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As per your history, you feel feverish and tired. Your TLC (total leukocyte cont) is low. Record of temperature is 98 degrees. So firstly you have a viral fever, but there is no cough or difficulty in breathing so Corona is not the main diagnosis, but do keep in mind. If you have not been with any corona case, take rest, take tablet Tylenol 1 bd if you are not allergic to it. Keep isolated from a crowd. Then your symptoms are due to a bit of vitamin D3 deficiency. For this take Drise 60 k two times a week and you will be fine. Keep me informed.

Viral infection.

Corona to be a remote possibility.

Bed rest, Tylenol 1 bd.

Take rest, avoid public gatherings.

Tell me in three to five days of any fresh symptoms.

| 

What is the cause of left-sided hand and leg numbness?

Query: Hello doctor,Left side hand and leg numbness and tiredness. I am taking cardiac medications.  Read Full »

My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experi...  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article