Q. I have tiredness and vitamin D3 deficiency. Please advice.

Dr. Vineeth Varma

I am 51 years old feeling frequent lower back pain and tiredness. BP, sugar and other tests are normal but my vitamin D3 is deficient. Please advise.

Dr. Vineeth Varma

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Vitamin D deficiency is one of the common cause of generalized body pain. It is more frequent in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Back pain can also be due to osteoporosis or degenerative (age-related) spine changes. It is better you start taking Calcium and Vitamin D rich diet which includes milk and milk products and meat. Back extension exercise and core muscle strengthening exercises can be done. Vitamin D sachet 60 k unit once a week. Tablet calcium 500 mg twice a day. It is better to get X-ray lumbosacral spine anteroposterior and lateral to rule out any other pathology.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|