Q. My 7 year old has fever, loose motion and vomiting. Please advise medicines.

Dr. Amit Modi
Published on Aug 26, 2018

My 7 and a half year old son is suffering from fever (100+), loose motions and vomiting, headache, backache. He still uses a bottle for milk and once in six months we have to face this situation. Now, we firmly decided to discontinue feeding him by a bottle. Please advise medicines. He has no allergy from any medicine and his weight is about 29 kg.

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

As your child is suffering from acute gastroenteritis, it is a good decision that you have decided to stop bottle feeding.

I suggest:

1. Syrup Zinconia (Zinc acetate) 5 ml once daily for 14 days.
  2. Enterogermina (probiotic) suspension twice daily for three days.
  3. ORS (oral rehydration salts) solution as required.
  4. Syrup Ondem (Ondansetron) 5 ml SOS for controlling vomiting.
  5. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 10 ml for each episode of fever.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Maintain hygiene. Have a soft diet.

In case you feel that the child is lethargic, not feeding adequately, not passing urine, visit a pediatrician for clinical evaluation immediately.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your complaints. Do you have any pain in your eyes or developed any problem in vision in that duration? Is it associated with any redness? It would have been of help if you have sent a recent photograph of both of your eyes. Ke...  Read Full