Q. My son is having nasal blockage and fever. How to cure him?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My son is six years old. He has nasal blockage for the past two weeks. Now, he has developed a fever. His throat and tonsils are swollen. We took him to a doctor. The doctor prescribed him Benadryl 5 ml and Crocin DS 7.5 ml. He has not given any antibiotics. Is it fine? Please suggest.

#

Do not worry. You can give Augmentin DDS syrup 5.4 GM by 30 ml (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice a day for five days along with the above-given medications.

Can I give Maxtra instead of Benadryl?

#

Yes, you can give it. They are more or less the same.

|