Q. I am taking Pantozec 40 and Augmed 625. Does Augmentin cause stiffness of legs?

I had a painful, swollen, reddish boil under my armpit two days ago. I went to a doctor yesterday and he put me on antibiotics. Yesterday night, when I took the antibiotics, after some time I got the feeling of stiffness in my right calf and thigh. My leg felt heavy and affected my walking a bit for some time too. I had thought it was due to a little bit of walking I had done yesterday. When I woke up in the morning, the stiffness was gone and my leg felt fine. In the morning again after taking the medicine, I felt stiffness in the right leg, and it is still there (it is late evening now) though less than before. Left leg appears to be fine. I also have a ringing sensation in my ears.

I am wondering if this is due to antibiotics? Or is it just coincidence? I am not seeing any noticeable swelling in my right leg, but not very sure. Maybe there is a little bit. Please let me know your thoughts. Is it an emergency? I am in my office now and cannot go to the doctor before tomorrow morning unless it is an emergency. The boil has subsided quite a bit, and is much less swollen and painful. It is not reddish anymore. I am taking Pantozec 40 and Augmed 625. I am fine with stopping the medicine if needed. I am supposed to take it after dinner again tonight.