Q. What can cause fever, body pain and rashes on the face?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I am a 57 year old male. I was down with fever since yesterday. My fever is ranging between 101 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. Along with fever, I have body ache and some rashes on my face. Yesterday, my platelet count was 1 lakh. Today, in CBC the platelets 1.25 lakhs, RBC 4.47 and lymphocytes 16. Last year, I was tested positive for dengue. I am taking Paracetamol, vitamin medicine and an anti-allergic as recommended by the doctor.

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• As you develop rash along with high fever, I would like to suggest you consult a physician as early as possible.
  • The cause of your illness needs to be diagnosed quickly as some of the conditions get worsened very fast.
  • The possibility of dengue is less because when once infected, then the patient develops immunity against that strain of dengue virus. But still, you should check for dengue also.
  • Take plenty of water, fruit juices, Paracetamol 500 mg three times a day and tablet Pantodac 40 mg (Pantoprazole) twice a day in the morning and evening before meals for five days.
  • If you develop any bleeding from any site or abdominal pain or breathlessness or decreased urine output, then immediately report to your treating doctor.
  • In my opinion you should consult your doctor again and get hospitalized for proper evaluation of the disease.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|