Q. Can my fibroid be the reason for delay in conception?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Please guide me regarding fibroid treatment as I am trying to conceive since the last four years.

#

Fibroids are the most common benign tumor in the uterus. It occurs in 40 % of the women.

They can cause infertility, but not every fibroid causes infertility. They can lead to an altered sperm movement if present in the cervical canal, causing infertility.

What does your report read?

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

The report says that I have intramural fibroid with grade 1 submucosal extension of size 20 by 19 mm. Is this the reason I am unable to conceive? Should this fibroid be removed with surgery? Please guide me.

#

In your case, submucosal fibroids can be a cause for the delay in conception. But, the size of 20 by 19 mm is too small to cause the problem.

Is your partner's semen analysis done? Are your menstrual cycles normal? Do you have a heavy period flow? Is your fallopian tube patency tested?

If it is normal, then you must try ovulation induction for three months. If you are not able to conceive with that, a very safe and easy option called hysteroscopic fibroid removal may be done.

Talk to your specialist regarding this. Only some practitioners believe in removing such small fibroids. Have you mentioned the size correctly?

Thanks for replying. Yes it is 20 by 19 mm.

#

• Then there should be no problem. You have not answered my other queries though.
  • As mentioned, talk to your doctor regarding semen analysis, tubal patency or hysterosalpingogram. If all reports come back normal, then go ahead with ovulation induction for three cycles before further intervention.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|