iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyfibromaWhat is the possibility of spots on the face, chest, shoulders, and penis to turn cancerous?

I have a few spots on face, chest, shoulders and penis. Will it turn cancerous?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At September 20, 2020
Reviewed AtAugust 24, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have a few spots on my face, chest, shoulders, and penis of concern. On the face, I have two spots, one on my forehead, small, slightly raised. Bled at one time, but has not changed in at least one to two years. Another on the right of my nose. It gets irritated and recently bled. On the shoulders, there are a few waxy pink bumps that are small and smooth. On my penis, I have small little brown spots on the tip of the penis. I am not sure if they are cancerous, but I am nervous after downloading an application that says that they are. I am currently on Atenolol and Bupropion.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Shukla


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Let us first come to face spot. This papules could be angiofibroma or BCC (basal cell carcinoma) or nevi. Angiofibromas are benign growths, and they occur due to the proliferation of blood vessels so that they can bleed rarely. BCC is malignant, but it is rare to get for your age. But as this papule is getting irritated and bled, we must rule out malignant changes. Do not rely on the internet thing, and it is better to get it checked with a dermatologist in person. So dermoscopic examination can be done. Now bumps on shoulders could be dermatofibroma, compound nevi, or angiofibromas. What I am saying is, papules you have could be due to multiple causes. Without proper examination and dermoscopic or biopsy examination, it is difficult to comment and provide a definitive diagnosis. See any papule or growth that should be checked for malignancy if it suddenly starts increasing in size, irritation, or itching or pain occurs when bleeding occurs or sudden color changes. But I would suggest you visit a dermatologist in person and get all these lesions checked, so you do not have to worry about it unnecessarily.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Deepti Shukla
Dr. Deepti Shukla


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

basal cell carcinomafibroma

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy