Q. I have a strong history of cancer. Should I concern about the sore in my leg?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have sore on my leg for a long time. More than a year, I did shave part of my leg at one point. It became like a sore, but I have a strong history of cancer.

#

I have gone through your case. In my opinion, your lesion should be biopsied as early as possible as you have a long-standing history of cutaneous cancer, and I fear it could be slow-growing skin cancer. I have two to three differential diagnosis.

1. Nodular squamous cell carcinoma.

2. Nodular non melanocytic melanoma.

3. Basal cell carcinoma.

4. Keratoacanthoma.

1.Sun-exposed area.

2.White race and,

3 Past history of cancer

Biopsy.

Need excision as early as possible.

So can those can be treated?

#

Yes, all the mentioned diseases can be treated. Treatment for nodular sqamous cell carcinoma, melanoma or basal cell carcinoma is excion followed by chemotherapy if required depending upon stage or grade of carcinoma. However, keratoacanthoma is a benign condition it is either excised or cauterized. Does not require any chemotherapy.

|