Q. Is it normal to feel roughness after getting a tooth filled?

Dr. Rakshana Devi

I got a tooth filling done one day before and realized that the side felt rough and jagged. Is it normal to just leave it? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

The fractured restoration can be due to biting hard food or incomplete curing during filling. If you want to fill the gap, you can restore it even though it is not an emergency condition. But you can postpone and maintain the small fractured cavity with proper oral hygiene and by avoiding food entrapment in that cavity. After restoration, certain measures must be followed to prevent its fracture and dislodgement.

|