Q. I have pain,extreme fatigue,unsteadiness and muscle twitching. I do not know if all these symptoms are related to one issue or more.

Published on Nov 07, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2019

I have had this problem for 8 years with no proper solutions. Please help. Strange sensations, tiredness, feeling of heaviness in the arms and legs. Hands and feet become warm. I have an electrical shock like feeling in face. I have extreme fatigue, unsteadiness and muscle twitching in the arms and legs and my eye often twitches. Now my feet and hands itch like crazy. Feet are worse than the hands. 

I take Cymbalta, Lyrica and Levothyroxin. I have had MRIs of the spine and brain, nerve conductivity test, and many blood tests including heavy metals, HIV, syphilis, drug test, vitamin levels test, Lyme disease test, ANA and so many others.

The doctors are not able to figure out what is wrong. I had about 25 hours of sleep only this whole week, because I have so much pain. When I do sleep I thrash all over the bed. Going this long without getting much sleep is not normal for me. I usually do get more sleep than this. When all this first started I got very sick, lost weight (about 40 lbs in two months) and laid on the couch for a year missing out on life because I was too exhausted and sick.

I do not know if all these symptoms are related to one issue or more. The doctors thought I had MS, but no lesions. Please help me. Thank you!

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• This is a disorder which generally occurs in middle age women (I am not aware about your age and gender).
  • It is characterized by pain and stiffness of the soft tissues, such as muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
  • The cervical (neck) and thoracic (chest) areas are affected most often, but the pain may be located in the arms, shoulders, low back, or legs.
  • Pain is also associated with anxiety, fatigue and inability to sleep.
  • The diagnosis is made after excluding rheumatic disease or hypothyroidism.
  • Fibromyalgia is also present in chronic fatigue syndrome and depressive disorders.

If your age and other description does not match with the above narration or if you have more questions feel free to write back to us.

Consult a neurologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

I have muscle twitching. Is it due to vitamin deficiency?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration is too short for any serious ailment. It is generally related to stress, coffee intake, and vitamin B12 deficiency. There is nothing to worry. It will go off.  Read Full

I had a leg injury 20 days back, please explain my MRI reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who presents with a Lisfranc injury. I had a leg injury 20 days back. I was told it was a minor sprain, and I tried to walk on my foot, but it is paining a lot. I am currently using non-weight bearing boots, and would not be able to see my surgeon for anoth...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned an injury to your foot around 20 days back, which has been managed conservatively till now. Having read your description, it appears that there has been a capsular injury at the tarsometatarsal joints, especially, the 4th and 5th joint with...  Read Full

Plasters And Splints in Fractures

Article Overview: This is a simple article on the plasters and splints used in fracture care. This article also gives information about the different types of plaster materials available and regarding the care to be taken. Read Article

Dr. Mohan Krishna

When you get injured, casts and splints help protect the broken bone and injured soft tissues. Doctors manipulate the fracture to align the broken bone and they stabilize it by applying a cast or splint. The cast holds the bones in place while they unite. It also helps reduce pain, swelling, and m...  Read Article