Q. Can vitamin deficiency cause muscle twitching?

Answered by Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Vitamin B12 Deficiency or Muscle Twitching? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscle twitching? Is it something more severe as ALS? I am suffering from stress. Please help.