Flossing

I am highly conscious of my oral health. So please guide me on how to use flossing properly.

Query: Hi doctor, I am new to flossing. Can you brief me on how to use it, frequency, method, best brand, etc.? I already brush twice daily and rinse my mouth after that with a mouth rinse. But already afraid to floss, fearing it would cut my gums if I did not use it the right way. The doctor guided me on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav Reddy Gutha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Upon review, these were the findings- a) Dental floss use. b) Mouthrinse use. Elaborately these are to be done for-. a) Dental floss is used to clean interdental areas below the contact point and gingival papilla. b) Mouthrinse should not be used continuously for more tha...  Read Full »

My dentist recommended flossing for my bleeding gums. Should I do it?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the dental clinic to clean my tooth as I had plaque and bleeding gums. After the treatment, the doctor prescribed me a mouthwash and dental floss. I would like to know if flossing is absolutely necessary every day. Do all the people in the world use dental floss? What are the...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The scaling procedure usually ends with oral hygiene instructions, including proper ways of brushing using an interdental brush, flossing, and using a mouthwash. It is not compulsory to use dental floss, but it is necessary in case of crowded teeth because the food parti...  Read Full »

Can I use one year old dental floss for cleaning my teeth?

Query: Hi, I went to a dentist one year back for scaling, and I was suggested to use dental floss. So I tried using it for a week and then discontinued it. Now I have tooth sensitivity (whole mouth and all teeth) while eating icecreams and hot drinks, so I think of using dental floss regularly as suggested...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Old dental floss can be used, but it depends on the embrasures or contacts between your teeth. I request you share a clinical picture of either front or back teeth. Dental floss does not cause any sensitivity unless some overzealous working...  Read Full »

I bought a pack of dental floss two years back. Can I use it now?

Query: Hi doctor,I visited a dentist nearly two years ago, and I was suggested to use dental floss. I tried using it for a week and then did not continue. Now I have tooth sensitivity and occasional pain. So I am thinking of using dental floss regularly as suggested by the dentist before. But I need to kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhanya Mary Sam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Tooth sensitivity and pain are different entities. So in which tooth do you have pain? The treatment is different for both, so can you please specify? Flossing can be done, but to be done correctly and to answer your query about whether your old floss can be used, I recomm...  Read Full »