Q. Can Fluoxetine cause disturbed sleep?

Answered by Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fluoxetine or Sad Mood? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am very sad, surrounded by negative thoughts and anxiety. I have taken Fluoxetine (Fludac 20) for 6 weeks. Now I am fine, but I wake up early in the morning around 3.30 AM. Hence having disturbed sleep in the morning. My doctor changed medicine to Flunil 40. I think this dose is not required. Kindly advice me to maintain sexual side effects from this medicine. Thank you.