Q. What is causing foamy urine with dry mouth?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I have been experiencing foamy urine since last six months. The froathing in the urine has considerably increased in last one week. I often also notice dry mouth symptom. I had undergone a kidney function test a couple of times and reports were normal. I am not diabetic nor any other history of medication. My age is 38 years and weight 88 kg, height 171 cm.

#

I have gone through your query and the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your reports are mostly within normal limits, there is nothing to explain about the foamy urine in it. There are only two common possibilities for this, one is protein in the urine or could be dehydration. Ideally, I would like to examine you to see whether you have any signs of dehydration, I would strongly suggest you visit your local physician to have a check. If it was due to dehydration, I would suggest you increase your fluid intake by about a liter a day. If there is no response to that, then maybe you need further tests to definitely check whether there is any protein leak in the urine as the routine dipstick test is not always accurate.

|