Dry Mouth

Will prolonged use of face mask cause discomfort within the mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing some discomfort within my tongue or mouth. I started a new job before two weeks. To build awareness of COVID-19, I gave face masks and leaflets to the local residents near my home. As the job seems to be with risk, it is necessary to take all the precautions. I usually ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your job nature, you need to perform some laboratory tests to exclude COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronovirus 2) infection. You need to do CBC (complete blood count), D-dimer, serum ferritin, and CRP (C-reactive protein). Wearing face masks ...  Read Full »

Is Sjogren's syndrome the only cause for having dry eyes and dry mouth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 20 year old male with no history of autoimmune diseases in my family. However, I have been experiencing dry eyes and dry mouth for around 4 months and can't seem to find the cause. The dry eyes and mouth are not present everyday and it is not occurring together. Recently, I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Reinhard Spyra

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq. I'm happy to answer your query with a background of 40 years in Rheumatology. Please be aware that this is for information/education and doesn't replace the privileged patient-doctor relationship. The provided results so far are not sufficient to establish a diagnosis. In...  Read Full »

Are back pain, itching and irritation in vulva, and dry mouth signs of herpes?

Query: Hello doctor,I have sores in the mouth and irritation around the mouth at random times while eating. I also have blood and protein in the urine, loss of sensation when I need to urinate, occasional back pain, itching and irritation of the vulva (currently treating BV), burning eyes, and dryness of t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pictures sent by you suggest (attachment removed to protect patient identity) either some infection or vitamin deficiency.Your Valtrex (Valaciclovir) course should take care of any viral infection. Your urine report showing protein and blood means some infection (k...  Read Full »

What causes discoloration in the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old healthy woman. I have been experiencing some discoloration in my mouth. I would like to know your input on it. Should I seek medical attention? I also have a white spot on my throat. There is no pain or discomfort at all. I noticed them about a week ago and I have bee...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What should I do to get rid of the skin tag on the left frenulum of tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dry mouth for the past several months. I have a skin tag on the left frenulum of the tongue from yesterday. What should I do for my skin tag? Is this normal? It feels like something is stuck under my mouth. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally developing something unusual is not a good sign. Dry mouth can be indicative of using some medications or radiation or mostly salivary gland obstruction or generally dehydration may also cause it. My main concern is the skin tag at the left frenum. Kind...  Read Full »

Will dry mouth due to marijuana intake cure on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, Five nights ago, I was out with my friend, and he convinced me to try a marijuana tincture that he said was about 65-75% ethanol. First, I tried 0.1 ml under the right side of my tongue. I held my head back and essentially let it sit there for 20-30 seconds. I felt a burn from the eth...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Marijuana contains tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and its active form is known for its psychotropic effects. In addition, it also does produce dryness due to its anticholinergic effect on the system. This is the reason why you tend to have a dry mouth and often feel thir...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my eyes and a bad taste in my mouth?

Query: Hi...i am having pain in my eyes it's like some kind of stretch.. Secondly the taste of my mouth is very irritating and i am not having any urge to eat anything...I thinking my body is heating but i am not having any fever   Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Good Evening The most common reasons for a bad taste in your mouth have to do with dental hygiene. Not flossing and brushing regularly can cause gingivitis, which can cause a bad taste in your mouth. Dental problems, such as infections, abscesses, and even wisdom teeth coming in, can also cause a b...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for diarrhea with loss of appetitie and dry mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, Every once a month at least I get a flare up of diarrhea where I go at least six times a day and nothing seems to settle my stomach. The stool itself has a weird texture, almost sand-like. Most of it float down but some do float up and there is mucus in it. Other symptoms I am experie...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have lost some weight since the start of symptoms? Do you have noticed any triggers (diets, stress, change in lifestyle, or drinking alcohol ) before such episodes? Alcohol has a large amount of fermentable carbohydrates which can cause diarrhea, gas, and bloa...  Read Full »

What do lots of white spot in the palate indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I discovered a lot of white spots in the back of the palate and I am super afraid that this could be cancer. I do not know if it is possible to upload a picture. I am 29 years old, non-smoker but I do drink alcohol sometimes. I am currently on L-Thyrox 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how many days have you noticed these spots? Is there irritation while eating hot or spicy food? It might be just starting of a throat infection and definitely not cancer. Are you taking any medicines? Did you take any specific food items or very hot drinks, et...  Read Full »

I have persistent sore throat with dry mouth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Persistent sore throat, that feels deep in the back of my throat along with dry mouth for the past two months. The pain has gradually worsened. My primary doctor indicated there is no sign of an infection or strep.  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The above given complaints suggests that the source of infection is not in the throat. Do you have excessive belchings? Is there any history of gastritis. Do you have history of sneezing, watering of eyes, nasal discharge. Do you have headaches with heaviness of head a...  Read Full »