Q. Please help with my allergic reaction to cherries.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2020

I had an allergic reaction after eating fresh cherries last night. My eyes began itching and then swelled up. It also started tearing. I woke up this morning with mild swelling on the inner parts of my eyes. I have attached the photo for your reference. Please help.

#

• I suggest antihistamines and tablet Montek-LC containing Montelukast with Levocetirizine. I also suggest antacids along with that. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Beware of cherries next time and wash them thoroughly before eating.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|