HomeAnswersDermatologyfungal infectionAllergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

Allergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

Allergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 18, 2017
Reviewed AtSeptember 16, 2023

Patient's Query


I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy on the head part of my penis and the inner skin of my penis. Consulted a local doctor. The doctors are saying that, it is just an allergy and giving some tablets and ointments.

But it is not recovering. Give me your advice.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Hi, Thanks for writing to us. There could be many causes for such lesions like fungal infection (candidal balanoposthitis), lichen planus, irritant dermatitis, and etc. Candidal BP is the most common cause amongst all. So right now, I would advise you that, wash the area with lukewarm water twice in a day and apply candid B cream two times in a day.

To reduce the itchy, take oral cetrizine and avoid using soap over the affected area. Also take tablet fluconazole 150mg once in a week for two weeks. If the lesion does not resolve in two weeks, either consult a dermatologist online with a photo of the lesion or meet a qualified dermatologist in your area for diagnosis based treatment. If the condition is due to allergy, one can get an allergy prescription online through online doctor consultation.

Take care.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
Dr. Kalpana Pathak


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy