Q. Allergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy on the head part of my penis and the inner skin of my penis. Consulted a local doctor. The doctors are saying that, it is just an allergy and giving some tablets and ointments.

But it is not recovering. Give me your advice.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Hi, Thanks for writing to us. There could be many causes for such lesions like fungal infection (candidal balanoposthitis), lichen planus, irritant dermatitis, and etc. Candidal BP is the most common cause amongst all. So right now, I would advise you that, wash the area with lukewarm water twice in a day and apply candid B cream two times in a day.

To reduce the itchy, take oral cetrizine and avoid using soap over the affected area. Also take tablet fluconazole 150mg once in a week for two weeks. If the lesion does not resolve in two weeks, either consult a dermatologist online with a photo of the lesion or meet a qualified dermatologist in your area for diagnosis based treatment.

Take care.

| 

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

What is the cut in the mouth of a patient with lichen planus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with oral lichen planus a year back and now I can feel a small cut like thing in mouth again. Can you help me up to diagnose if this is a normal cut or some other thing. I am 30 years old male.  Read Full »

I have severe itching in the groin area. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »