Q. Is my vasoconstriction problem an allergic reaction to the daily intake of antihistamines?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

I am having major vasoconstriction problems. I would like to know if my daily antihistamines intake is causing this problem. I am taking Loratadine and Fexofenadine hydrochloride daily for allergies.

#

I would like to know in detail, what you mean by vasoconstriction problems?

1. Is it affecting your hands or your feet or anywhere in the nasal bed?
  2. Do you experience any bluish discoloration of the nails or hands?
  3. Do you any pain in the hands or feet?
  4. Do you have ulcers anywhere?
  • It does not look like a side effect of your medicines, but it may be connected to the allergies. So, we need to be sure what sort of allergies you have and what kind of problems are coming up.

Revert with more information to an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

Thank you for replying. I do not have full discolouration, but I have lip ulcers from the vasoconstriction, constant numbness and cold feet even in the hot summer, nipples turn bluish and hurt. I also get hives with these episodes, vasoconstriction of the ears that suddenly turn red and swell when vasodilates. My face is pale, but if I massage it, it will suddenly turn red and swell and become numb, then return to normal within minutes. I am also having tachycardia, palpitations, and flank pain with these episodes. Could this be allergies or adrenal problem?

#

• But since you have oral ulcers, it can also be Raynaud's disease.
  • It can be something underlying going on, which we should investigate more. It could be an autoimmune condition.
  • I would advise you get few tests done.
  1. Complement C3 and C4.
  2. ANA (antinuclear antibody).
  3. CBC (complete blood count).
  4. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
  5. Urine routine.
  • Please do follow-up with the reports.

|