Q. Kindly advise about the food that can be given to my 6 months old baby.

Dr. Payas Joshi

Our baby is six months old. We have been only breastfeeding her and giving finger millet as a paste. What more should we give? We are confused and want to stay with natural food as much as possible. Kindly advise about the food that can be given. In the case of rice, should we boil and give as a paste or fry and powder it to make a paste?

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I understand your concern.

• As your baby has completed six months, you should start complementary feeds. Complementary feeds should be a balanced diet means it should have all the essential nutrients that are, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
  • Feeds can be given for at least five to six times a day. Give her everything that is made at home.
  • You can give milk with boiled rice or biscuits or chapati. Cooked rice with any pulses and half spoon oil, either coconut oil or ghee.
  • Pulses are rich in protein like chickpea and pigeon pea, which are the essential part. If pulses are not a part of your diet, then you should always add a protein source like protein powder.
  • Also, add a fruit daily. It can be any fruit.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

My daughter goes for potty once in three days. Should I worry?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 22 months old. She weighs about 16 kg and she goes for potty with a gap of three days. Is there anything to worry? Moreover, her potty is very very hard to come, I can feel the pain during her potty. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Is there any diet plan to reduce fat in the stomach area?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding fat accumulation at major fats at stomach area. Is there any method so that it could be reduced since my marriage is fixed in 15 days. Is there any diet plan?  Read Full »

Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese. One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician. If...  Read Full »