Food For Baby

Please suggest ways to control loose motions in a baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »

What should I feed my 3-month-old baby to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor,My baby is 3-month-old she was having a fever now with a weight of 5.8 kg. What should I give to gain more weight and look humpty she looks too much weak also.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 5.8 at three months is fine. The child should not be Humpty. A good weight is must, not under or over. If she had a fever, the most common is viral fever characterized by fever and nasal discharge with or without mild cough, and child will be active otherwise. If she...  Read Full »

Why is my baby vomiting after eating solids?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is just five and a half months old and yesterday I started her on solids. Before that, she was exclusively on breast milk. I gave her a packaged wheat and apple baby food. Two hours after she ate it, she vomited everything out. So, the rest of the day I just gave her brea...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of five and a half months, a baby will sit only with support. Neck holding is attained only by three to six months. So, it is normal. About the feeding, the ideal time to switch to weaning foods is when the baby completes six months. Until then breast milk ...  Read Full »

22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. ...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water a...  Read Full »

My son is 1.8 years old and he is not munching the food but just swallowing it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 1.8 years old. He is not munching the food. He is just swallowing food very difficultly. Food will not touch his teeth too. When he was eight months, I started to give all foods in pure form. I will grind all the vegetables and rice to give him. I feel like there I started my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is typical behavior in this age group, which will change as you teach your kid. But we need to rule out is there any problem with the dentition and tongue. 1. Meet your family doctor to check for any dental problems or tongue tie or oral problems. 2. Continue ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to feed solid food for a 10 month old premature baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old, and he is two months premature. If I feed him with solid food, he does vomiting. Is it not safe for him to feed with solid food?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. I advise you to try giving some soft and semi-solid foods to your baby right now. Once he starts digesting these then move on slowly towards other food items. Moreover, some babies do not take solid food properly until they develop teeth. But...  Read Full »

What is the proper diet chart for a 6-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My infant is turning 6 months this month and we are moving to a different place. I am looking for a complete diet chart for an infant. Can you please help me get a diet chart and how to make the baby food for my baby, please? Also, can we preserve food in the freezer? My son's current...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Continue breastfeeding till 1 year of age minimum. Can be extended till 2 years of age as per WHO. Start liquid diet (home-made) initially for one month. Rice water, dal water. Give semiliquid diet 8 to 9 months onwards, semi-solid diet 9 ...  Read Full »

What is the expected time interval and quantity advised for feeding newborn?

Query: Hi doctor, I have twin nephews who are 45 days old. I feed them with NAN of 90 ml for every two hours. Is there any established time interval and quantity to feed infants? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Baby's are fed on demand, and it is not given with a fixed time interval. Usually, it takes two to three hours to have gastric emptying in babies. When the baby is fed before two hours, it results in overfeeding. As babies are on formula feed, they may take time to get ...  Read Full »

My 3.5 months old baby vomits after we feed him formula milk. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Hope you are doing well. I want to ask a question about my 3.5 months old baby. I feed him both breast milk and formula milk. But whenever I feed him formula milk, after 20 to 30 minutes, he starts to cry a lot, becomes fussy, and vomits that milk.  After vomiting, he feels relaxed. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Breast milk is easier to digest, and as a result, there is no problem of abdomen pain or vomiting. The reasons of vomiting after formula milk could be the following: You are giving more than the appetite of the child. Since you are also ...  Read Full »

My breast milk is not sufficient for my 33 days old son. Can I give him powder milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My second baby boy is 33 days old. I am breastfeeding him from birth, but now the breast milk is not sufficient for him. What should I do now? Shall I go for milk powders? Or is there any other way to increase breast milk production? Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two definite methods to ensure that the baby is getting adequate milk or not. They are: If the baby is gaining weight of 150 g or more per week, then the baby is getting sufficient milk. If the baby is passing urine more than 6 to 8 times a day (large amount), ...  Read Full »