Food For Baby

Is there any alternate for dairy milk for my 7-month-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl entered seventh month a few days back. Doctor here suggested to feeding my baby with Medolac apple flavor two times a day and dairy milk. We started the same for 10 days, and the baby did not have any allergy or problems. But still, I have a doubt. Is dairy milk good for my...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have asked an appropriate question related to weaning your baby girl. Her growth (height and weight) looks good. You may know that it is a usual practice to start weaning the baby after he/she completes six months of age. There are several ways of doing it. Firs...  Read Full »

Can cow's milk be given for a 3-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, Shall I give cow's milk to my 3 months old baby? Also, please suggest how to give it. I am breastfeeding my baby from birth and did not give lactogen too. Either cow milk or buffalo milk, which one is better?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cow's milk is not advisable up to 1 year of age at least. But, if you have no other option, you can give buffalo milk. Three parts of milk and one part water. If you use milk packets, then the dilution mentioned is for full cream milk. For further information consult a...  Read Full »

Why does my 1-month-old baby scream throughout the night as if her belly hurts?

Query: My one month old usually eats around the clock and always had a lot of gas. The past several days, she will only eat 0.5-1 or 2 ounces at a time when she typically eats 3-3.5 ounces of formula. She rarely poops and if she does it's usually around 1-2am and has diarrhea. She also started screaming th...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, I will presume you had absolutely no other alternative than to start formula feeds for your baby. Babies having reduced stool frequency, passing loose water stools, excessive crying at night can al be because of the formula feed. Generally, babies tolerate Similac well. Please know that onc...  Read Full »

Why have a few reddish spots developed on my baby's head?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

What are the solid foods that can be given to a 6-month-old baby apart from breastfeeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 5-month-old baby boy. I feed him mother's milk only till now. By next month I need to join my job. So this month I want to start other foods. Which food can I give to him?  Read Full »

Dr. Swati Pandey

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your baby reached five months, great that you only gave exclusive breastfeed. Now once he approaches six months you can start giving weaning diet. All homemade stuff along with breastfeeding until 2-year of age. It is always better to introduce baby with rice potato...  Read Full »

What food items should be included in a 6-month-old kid's diet?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 6 months plus now. She has started with solid foods but because of being new mother I am mainly rely on books for her nutrition or diet. However I am looking for expert advice so that I can give her the best chart. Below I have explained her current routine. I am a workin...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet that you are following for your daughter is quite correct. Few things you have to keep in your mind while feeding your daughter. Dilute the fruit juices with an equal amount of boiled water at the early stage. Gradually increase the amount of fruit juice and at ...  Read Full »

My son is turning 6 months and not taking formula milk as before. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of mil...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals. According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like...  Read Full »

After starting solid foods, my baby lost weight with difficulty in passing stools. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, We have a baby of 7 months old. I would like to mention the previous history here. My wife does not have breast milk so she cannot feed it. We are offering NanPro-I to the baby. She is very active and smiling all day. Doctor told to start solid to her with cow's milk. Doctor offered a sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby is now 7-month-old, now you can give her food other than milk also. But it should be offered in a way your baby will accept. I mean to say you have to give semi-solid food because your baby cannot chew enough to digest solid foods and some time is needed t...  Read Full »

Why does my 5-month-old baby refuse to eat anything and sleep for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She vomits up everything she eats. She did not eat anything from mid-morning. We tried giving her some baby oatmeal and she would not even eat at all. We gave her that in the evening after trying her usual 6 OZ bottle that she did not take even an ounce of...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about your little one. As the other doctors have said everything is all right, you need not worry or panic. As the babies grow the pattern of eating and urine changes. Now you can just feed on demand, no need to feed seeing the time. Do n...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control loose motions in a baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »