Foot Drop

Will multi-ligament knee injury likely to cause foot drop in later years?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic onset of symptoms of foot drop, diagnosed by podiatrist last month. I would like to know if this could be caused by the original knee injury, which was diagnosed as a severe multi-ligament knee injury. Is it possible for a severe multi-ligament knee injury, with a c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) surgery was done in 1980 whereas the injury was in 1969. It must be ACL reconstruction surgery or some other augmentation surgery. The original ligament cannot be repaired after 11 years. It will be beneficial to...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause foot drop and twitches in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female, and I developed foot drop five weeks ago, the foot was numb, and I could not dorsiflex it. But, now I can dorsiflex, and the steppage gait has disappeared unless I walk long distances. I have more power in the foot now, but it is still a lot weaker than the oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that your foot drop is improving in a five weeks period. The twitches that you are feeling may be due to anxiety also. If it was ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), the foot drop would be unlikely to improve. As it is improving, it is unlikely to be...  Read Full »

What are the causes of foot drop with slight numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, I have got foot drop perhaps from crossing legs frequently. I first noticed the foot drop when I was walking three weeks back, the dorsum and the end of the foot were slightly numb. The numbness has subsided a week back, but I still do not have any power to do...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of foot drop is if any intramuscular injection is given wrongly, tarsal tunnel syndrome, leprosy and cauda equina syndrome. It is a good sign that the numbness has reduced. I recommend you get the following tests done after consulting your doctor. ...  Read Full »

I have issues controlling my bladder and bowels. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent a right radical nephrectomy two years back due to RCC but, after that (within three to four days) I started having a problem in controlling urine and motion, that is, I cannot wait. I always have an emergency. What is the reason? In which part of my body does the problem e...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you consulted your urologist for this problem? If there is no surgical complication, you can undergo MRI lumbosacral spine to look for any local cause. Do you have any weakness in your legs? Any sweating disturbances in the legs? Any loss of sensations over you...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms normally seen in peroneal neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I got peroneal neuropathy after bariatric surgery. I have lost 97 lbs in the last six months, and all of a sudden, I was diagnosed with peroneal neuropathy in my right leg. My right leg was numb from the knee down all through my toes, but now the numbness has subsided and only my big toe ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Foot drop and impaired sensation on the outer side of the leg below the knee is possible by common peroneal neuropathy. But same can also happen by the involvement of partial sciatic nerve involvement or lumbar plexus involvement or the involvement of roots coming...  Read Full »

Does the report suggest FSHD?

Query: Hi doctor, Please check the genetic report and it was done to check FSHD.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report says that this patient has the gene for FSHD (facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy). Since the patient also has a weakness of shoulders, the diagnosis is confirmed...  Read Full »