Q. Do I have intermittent feet and wrist pain due to nerve disorder or high uric acid?

Answered by Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Foot Pain or Increased Uric Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have pain in my feet and wrist sometimes, and I take painkillers. It goes and comes back again after a few months or weeks. It is not due to external injury. I got a blood test, and my uric acid was high at 10 mg/dL. Now, I take Feburic 40 mg for some time. Today again, I had a pain on my feet, and I am sending the location of pain present on my feet. Is it due to high uric acid?

I eat chicken more. Does eating chicken cause an increase in uric acid? I am overweight, and I am trying to reduce my weight. My weight is 99 kilograms, and my height is 177 cm. Do I have the pain due to a nerve disorder or fibromyalgia? My mother had fibromyalgia. What should I have to do? What diet should I need to take?