Uric Acid Level

Please suggest treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hello sir, 29 yr. Old. Last few days I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up its pain too much and whole day its pain. Please tell me it is dangerous and what I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, I am sorry you feel that way . Has there been any trauma on your heel? Has anyone hurt you physically before pain appears? What have you eaten before pain appears? If there has been no trauma on your heel I am considering Gouty Arthritis. It is a kind of arthritis (inflammation of the joint...  Read Full »

What medicines to take for foot swelling due to high uric acid?

Query: Hello Doctor, My foot is swollen right now and I'm sure that my uric acid went up again. It happens in the past and I need some medication for the pain and the inflammation. My height is 5'6 ft and my weight is 95kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Firstly, the photo uploaded isn't informative , as the extent of redness or inflammation isn't well demarcated Secondly , do you have any past history of gout If yes , how many Acute flares did u have in the past? How severe , only foot , single joint or multiple joints ??? Any Triggers l...  Read Full »

What causes blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 years old, male. No smoker. A blood and urine test was done for me recently and the blood test was all fine, but there was blood in my urine (Ur RBC 155 Cells/uL), a more specific urin test was done after still showing (66 Cells/uL) of which 97% are isomorphic and of which o...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, likelihood of any malignant cancer is less likely because you do not have risk factors, no symptoms, young age and CTurogram in normal. Within three months period cancer would have increased in size and became detectable. So you are probably having some beni...  Read Full »

What is the correlation between hypothyroidism and uric acid increase?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with hypothyroid nearly 10 months ago. My TSH was over 100 during that time. Also, I had uric acid which was high. Doctor prescribed me to take Thyroxine tablet 50 mg daily and to increase it to 100 mg after one month. Also, uric acid medicine was given. I took ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read the complaints carefully. It is not a big issue and can be managed through Ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices.  Read Full »

How to know the reason for my big toe pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering lately from pain in my big toe joint. It is very severe that I could not sleep two nights when I ran out of painkillers. I thought it might be a gout attack. Because I do have gout. Though my uric acid levels are mostly high, I do not really watch what I eat. My tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed description, it is gout unless proven otherwise. The reason I say this is your past medical history of gout. Swelling of the great toe and adjoining area with excruciating pain is called podagra. It is the most common presentation of gout. Even nor...  Read Full »

How can I reduce uric acid level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from gout. My uric acid level is 6.9. I am suffering from back rim pain, leg pain. How can I reduce my uric acid and what kind of food diet I should follow and which food will reduce my uric acid?  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, to be honest, uric acid of 6.9 is not very high and moreover in females it very rarely causes arthritis unless it is post-menopause. Secondly, the pain due to uric acid are different and very unbearable. It usually causes swelling of one joint, associated redness ...  Read Full »

Why am I having high uric acid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old cholesterol patient. I have suffered this problem for the last five years. Now, I checked up my uric acid report. My uric acid report is between 1 to 7 range and sometimes 8.99. I have muscle pain in the hand and legs. I feel sometimes my cholesterol medicine can in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person having high cholesterol levels usually have metabolic syndrome, where they also have a high risk of developing high uric acid, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. The main line of treatment for all the above problems is to have a healthy lifestyle and medici...  Read Full »

My mother has been diagnosed with 8.5 uric acid. Which medicine should she take?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with 8.5 uric acid and recently underwent a hysterectomy. Which medicine should she take for uric acid?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High uric acid will require diet modification followed by medical treatment if not controlled by diet. You can start diet modification like, 1. Have adequate fluid intake. 2. Avoid dry fruits, cold drinks, and chocolate. 3. Avoid broccoli, spinach, beans, and non-...  Read Full »

Can BP tablets cause high uric acid level?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old. Height 166 cm, weight 76 kg. My uric acid level has come to 8.9. I did this checkup one year before and it was 8.4. At that time I had stopped eating all pulses for at least one month. I am pure vegetarian. I do not have any symptom of gout or any other stuff. I do hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have high uric acid levels but asymptomatic hyperuricemia does not need treatment. You may have a family history of hyperuricemia which explains why you have it despite being a vegan. Also, being obese or losing too much weight can increase blood uric acid l...  Read Full »

Are uric acid medications and Paracetamol harmful to the liver?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is 67 and a patient of hypertension and hypothyroidism. Recently, he has been detected with elevated bilirubin levels. Here are his recent symptoms: occasional mild fever (99 to 100.5 F). No apparent cold symptom. Typhoid test came negative. Mild nausea (feeling better after u...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) look alright except for fatty liver on the ultrasound scan. The liver function is fine. The bilirubin can just be observed, nothing worrisome. I suggest he have Udiliv (Ursodiol) for three t...  Read Full »