Uric Acid Level

Please suggest treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. For the past few days, I am suffering from heel pain. When I get up, it pains a lot for the whole day. Please tell me whether it is dangerous. What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Marianne Pia F. Almario

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you got any trauma on your heel or anyone hurt you physically before the appearance of pain. Please mention the food taken by you before the appearance of pain. If there is no trauma on your heel, you can have gouty arthritis. It is a kind of ...  Read Full »

What medicines to take for foot swelling due to high uric acid?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 5'6 feet, and my weight is 95 kg. My foot is swollen right now, and I am sure that my uric acid went up again. It happened two years ago, and I need some medication for the pain and the inflammation.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, the photo uploaded is not informative (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), as the extent of redness or inflammation is not well demarcated. Secondly, do you have any history of gout? If yes, how many acute flares did you have in the p...  Read Full »

Can MSM and bone broth be used for cervical stenosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking Lyrica 25 mg and sometimes 50 mg for cervical stenosis. It seems that it will continue to get worse with nine to five desk work that I have started back. I tried it once and had a bit of headache and felt bad for a day. Is it not good to take during the workweek? How about MS...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your job profile, and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine? MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and bone broth are said to benefit in cases of generalized weakness in bones and ligaments. They are multi-vitamins and will not help your neck pain. I...  Read Full »

Are PFT tests reliable?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my PFT report and blood reports here for your reference. I would like to get a detailed analysis of my report. Kindly explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Serum uric acid is on a borderline level. It can increase due to alcohol, soda-based cold drinks, non-vegetarian food, especially meat and fish. You have to avoid these ...  Read Full »

When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once da...  Read Full »

Is my knee pain due to high uric acid?

Query: I tested my kft and lft my sgpt is 60 sgot 54 my uric acid 9 now days pain in my knee  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Sir can you send me reports Because you didn’t me units 9 what 9mg or mmol or umol/l And are you taking any medicine since when do you have pain ?  Read Full »

What could cause recurrent pain and swelling in the big toe?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing this on behalf of my father. He has lately been experiencing a bump and some inflammation at the base of his big toe (only the right foot). I have also attached some photos of the same. This has occurred on several occasions throughout the past years and he is wondering ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the images you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This looks like skin and subcutaneous tissue infection with inflammation. I want to know a few more things first. Let me know is he...  Read Full »

What could cause orange stain in urine of a newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, My second baby was born on January 2020 and he is going to be 5 months in a few days. For the past few days, we see small orange color stains in front side of his diaper probably coming out through urine. It is not coming always out of a few diapers that we change every day, a small...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhakar Palanisamy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your boy is having uric acid crystals in urine. It is usually pinkish-orange color. It stains the diaper and when the diaper becomes dry then it is seen as a dry powder. The tip of the penis skin can also be stained with similar powder and you can see tha...  Read Full »

What causes blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 years old, male. No smoker. A blood and urine test was done for me recently and the blood test was all fine, but there was blood in my urine (Ur RBC 155 Cells/uL), a more specific urin test was done after still showing (66 Cells/uL) of which 97% are isomorphic and of which o...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, likelihood of any malignant cancer is less likely because you do not have risk factors, no symptoms, young age and CTurogram in normal. Within three months period cancer would have increased in size and became detectable. So you are probably having some beni...  Read Full »

What is the correlation between hypothyroidism and uric acid increase?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with hypothyroid nearly 10 months ago. My TSH was over 100 during that time. Also, I had uric acid which was high. Doctor prescribed me to take Thyroxine tablet 50 mg daily and to increase it to 100 mg after one month. Also, uric acid medicine was given. I took ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read the complaints carefully. It is not a big issue and can be managed through Ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices.  Read Full »