Q. What medicines can heal cracks on the foreskin of my penis?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Published on Aug 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

My foreskin has some cracks and sometimes blood also come. If I stretch foreskin back, it is painful. Also due to this, the cracks become larger. Kindly suggest some medications.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern.

• The complaint is not very clear to make a diagnosis. So, please send me the details regarding any sexual history or any use of drugs. Do you have diabetes?
  • Meanwhile, you can try a local application of BNC cream (Beclometasone Topical, Clotrimazole Topical, and Neomycin Topical)
  • I also advise you to see a dermatologist.
  • Antibiotics such as Azithromycin 500 mg and Fluconazole 150 mg two times per week can be taken after consulting the dermatologist. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Hope this will help you.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you doctor.

Previously, I was taking Carnitor 500 mg tablets for low sperm count. I do not have any diabetes. I am using Candid-B cream but it is not that much effective as the problem is repeating. I do not have any illegal sexual contact as I am married. Kindly suggest some cream and medication for the problem.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

• I suggest you take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg twice a week and BNC (Beclometasone Topical, Clotrimazole Topical, and Neomycin Topical) cream for local application for three to five days and stop Candid-B cream. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.
  • It is advisable to consult a dermatologist in person for better management.

Hope it will be helpful to you. Thanks and regards.

How to regain sensitivity in the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from the loss of sensitivity in my penis. I am not happy while doing sex. Previously my foreskin got removed freely at that time I did not get any sensitivity to my penis. At the time of my first sex, the foreskin got cut and it bled. So, I used a cream. My scrotum is v...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other medical disorders? Do you masturbate too much? Since when have you felt the loss of sensitivity? Do you have any problem with the erection? For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urol...  Read Full

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs thro...  Read Full

I am not able to fully retract my foreskin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Some weeks back, I noticed some red spots on my glans and some itching. So, I consulted a doctor. I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg for three days and Candid-B cream to be applied for three days and the problem was solved. Now there is no issue except that I cannot withdraw my ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a few good quality photographs of the lesion taken in a natural light. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now