Q. What could cause swelling and tears at the tip of penile foreskin with discharge?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2020

I am a 37-year-old male. I recently done my blood test, my PP was 180 (instead of 140). Apart from that, I have a fatty liver too. For the past three months, I have noticed that my penis foreskin is not pulled back. It has swelled and tears on the tip of the foreskin. They are not healing and are very painful and itching during urination. Penile glans have white discharge too. I am not married. Kindly advice. I have attached the picture for your reference.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do not worry, I will help you with your concern.

Your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), suggest you have developed candidal balanoposthitis. It is a fungal infection of the glans and foreskin. Because of this infection, you have discharge and burning sensation in urination. Swelling is due to this infection causing inflammation. As your blood sugar is high, get it checked with the physician and confirm for diabetes. Diabetic patients have higher chances of getting fungal infection.

Now for swelling and infection. I am going to start you on tablet Prednisolone 10 mg for only three days. Take one tablet daily in the morning with breakfast and milk, Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet daily with Prednisolone for three days, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg single tablet once after food (only one tablet). Apply Candid gold cream daily at night for three weeks.

This is treatment for swelling and infection. But do not take Prednisolone for more than three days without my consultation. Also, if swelling subsides in three days then follow up in two weeks. If it does not please follow up after three days. Do not try to pull your foreskin back.

|