Q. I have a small rash on my belt line. Please suggest a treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I have a small rash on my belt line that has been there for a number of weeks. It is red, inflamed, and bumpy. It tends to itch a lot. It is not ring-shaped, more like a razor burn. I take Roaccutane, Aropax, and Valtrex. Please find the image.

#

I have viewed the file (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg orally at bedtime to reduce the itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • I would still suggest you first apply antifungal creams topically for two weeks and look for improvement rather than applying steroid as a first choice.
  1. Clotrimazole 1 % cream once a day.
  2. Luliconazole 1 % cream once a day.
  • If there is no improvement after two weeks, consider the application of Momate cream twice a day (Mometasone furoate).

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|