Q. I have a small rash on my belt line. Please suggest a treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Nov 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I have a small rash on my belt line that has been there for a number of weeks. It is red, inflamed, and bumpy. It tends to itch a lot. It is not ring-shaped, more like a razor burn. I take Roaccutane, Aropax, and Valtrex. Please find the image.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have viewed the file (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg orally at bedtime to reduce the itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • I would still suggest you first apply antifungal creams topically for two weeks and look for improvement rather than applying steroid as a first choice.
  1. Clotrimazole 1 % cream once a day.
  2. Luliconazole 1 % cream once a day.
  • If there is no improvement after two weeks, consider the application of Momate cream twice a day (Mometasone furoate).

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for candidal balanitis.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full »

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »