Q. I have a small rash on my belt line. Please suggest a treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have a small rash on my belt line that has been there for a number of weeks. It is red, inflamed, and bumpy. It tends to itch a lot. It is not ring-shaped, more like a razor burn. I take Roaccutane, Aropax, and Valtrex. Please find the image.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology

I have viewed the file (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg orally at bedtime to reduce the itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • I would still suggest you first apply antifungal creams topically for two weeks and look for improvement rather than applying steroid as a first choice.
  1. Clotrimazole 1 % cream once a day.
  2. Luliconazole 1 % cream once a day.
  • If there is no improvement after two weeks, consider the application of Momate cream twice a day (Mometasone furoate).

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How long should I continue Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to suggest that you are suffering from allergy. Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) is given for the same purpose. It is true that the medicine should be taken for a few months regularly. It has minimal side effects, like dryness of mouth, ...  Read Full

Please suggest treatment for candidal balanitis.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them. Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details: Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ? Do you ...  Read Full

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have rhinitis as per history. I suggest you taking Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days which is decongestant. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. If fever is also there, then take Paracetamol 500 mg SOS. You can take steam inhalation of warm wa...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now