HomeAnswersDermatologyfrictional dermatitisPlease suggest treatment for beltline rash.

I have a small rash on my belt line. Please suggest a treatment.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At November 2, 2017
Reviewed AtAugust 16, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have a small rash on my belt line that has been there for a number of weeks. It is red, inflamed, and bumpy. It tends to itch a lot. It is not ring-shaped, more like a razor burn. I take Roaccutane, Aropax, and Valtrex. Please find the image.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have viewed the file (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a common site for fungal infection and frictional dermatitis. I suggest you take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg orally at bedtime to reduce the itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. I would still suggest you first apply antifungal creams topically for two weeks and look for improvement rather than applying steroid as a first choice.

  1. Clotrimazole 1 % cream once a day.
  2. Luliconazole 1 % cream once a day.

If there is no improvement after two weeks, consider the application of Momate cream twice a day (Mometasone furoate).

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash
Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy