Luliconazole

Luliconazole is an anti-fungal medication that is available in the cream form. It is used to treat athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.

What are the red and itchy bumps present on the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,There are red and itchy tiny bumps all over the tip of the penis and inside the foreskin. What could it be? About three weeks ago, I had the same problem, which disappeared on its own, in about three days.  Read Full »

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I think you have balanoposthitis. It is mostly due to candidal fungal infection. This is not contagious, and it is not a serious issue. I suggest you try the following:Lulifin (Luliconazole) cream, once daily at bedtime for four consecutive weeks.Hydrocortisone cream, unt...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ringworm infection in the waist area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm infection in the waist area for the last 15 days. I have applied two or three creams, but the condition is controlled little only during the cream application. I had the same problem 15 years ago, but that had gone when I applied a lotion and took a tablet that the doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and need to know the answers to the following questions to suggest a proper treatment. 1) Are you diabetic? 2) Did you scratch or rub the lesion excessively? 3) Do the margins of the lesion look like they are spreading? 4) Do you ha...  Read Full »

How to get rid of itchy groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does look like a fungal infection. Due to the application of steroid-based products, the clinical picture has been altered. The use of a steroid-based product for a fun...  Read Full »

My scrotal skin is cracked, and the area between my legs are red with whitish-pink spots. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I noticed cracked skin on my scrotum. The area between my scrotum and leg is red with whitish-pink spots.What is it, and how to treat it?Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a fungal infection with a secondary bacterial infection. I suggest you apply Luliconazole cream twice daily for 15 days and apply Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin) in the daytime for 15 days. Kindly avoid scratching or rubbing of the lesions, maintain prop...  Read Full »

Why do I get ringworm again and again?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from ringworm in the buttock area for the past three years. I am tired of taking medications. Though I follow good hygiene, the infection is reoccurring within a month. It started with a slight itching, and now it has got worse. Our dog is also suffering from ringworm. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. Fungal infections are known for its recurrence. The presence of moisture exacerbates these infections. I suggest you use plain fungal creams like Sebifin cream (Terbinafine) and oral antifungal tablets, which had a good response. ...  Read Full »

How do you treat toe fissures and cracks in a 6-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 6-years-old. She has had fissures and cracks in her big toes for four months. The skin over the toe is dry and peels off. I thought it was a fungal infection and used Canesten cream and Lamisil cream twice daily for two months. But it resulted in deep cracks. Then I consul...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This type of skin reaction is tinea pedis with palmoplantar keratoderma. I suggest you to apply Luliconazole cream (Luliact cream) twice daily in morning and night for two months and apply Miconazole ointment (Micogel) in evening at the site of cracks and fissure...  Read Full »

Which STD can cause rashes on inner thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash and dry scaling spots on my inner thigh and pubic area, which looks like a poison ivy allergic rash. It does not itch. I am wondering what exactly it is and if it is a skin thing or an STD thing? I have attached photographs of this lesion. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is tinea corporis, a kind of fungal infection. I suggest you apply Luliconazole cream (Luliact cream) twice daily for one month and apply Miconazole ointment (Micog...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I am non-diabetic and I do not have any other problems. Before few weeks, I got some rashes on the upper part of my penis. I have two small swellings with red color in my foreskin. I have itching along with it. Now, I have a burning sensation while passing urine. But I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh Prasad Sankara Pandian

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Kindly attach a photo of the rash. Please mention whether you have a similar rash on any other part of the body. Please mention whether you have any recent history of sexual exposure. Please mention whether you still continue using soap for washing your foreskin.   Read Full »

What precautions will cure the itchiness of the pelvic region?

Query: Hi doctor, My pelvic region has some skin infection that is itchy, and I need to take Allegra 180 every night for the past 4 to 5 days to sleep, or else it itches badly. Please suggest some remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from a fungal infection that commonly affects the inner thighs, groin, and buttocks area. It can be treated by a course of antifungal treatment, which includes tablets along with creams. Do not use soap over that area. Mistreatment with steroid cont...  Read Full »

Can pityriasis versicolor recur?

Query: Hi doctor, I have dark spots on my neck and chest. What could it be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms in it and how long it has been there? Please send few more good quality photographs taken in a natural light from different angles and distances. Regards.  Read Full »