Luliconazole

Luliconazole is an anti-fungal medication that is available in the cream form. It is used to treat athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.

What causes my skin around the anus to be white, rough and itchy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16 years old female. I got my period about a month ago and after my period, the skin around my anus became white, rough, and itchy. I thought it was a fungal infection. As I have PCOD, I use to have frequent yeast infections and so I assumed that it may have caused it. I am not us...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the picture of the lesion. Please say whether you have pain, discharge, or anything oozing out, burning sensation, itching and aggravation during night time, and difficulty in passing stools. You can use Emoderm cream twice daily for ten days, Luliconazole...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent itchy spots in the butt area?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a small round area in the buttock that was causing itching, and it appeared two to three times last three months. I was applying Dermikem OC Max cream at that time. I consulted a doctor, and he said I am having tinea corporis. The medicines that I have used so far, as per the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, the condition is known as tinea corporis and is very common these days. It is a cutaneous fungal infection that lives in the upper part of the skin epidermis. To fight against it, the s...  Read Full »

How to stop spreading itchy scaly rash on my shaft?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a small scaly rash on my shaft for about a month, and it would itch after sex. I bought Lotrimin jock itch cream and have been using it for a few days now. After this cream application, the rash seems to spread with redness in the shaft and skin crack. Previously it was only on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it looks like dermatophytosis (fungal infection) with additional contact dermatitis. You can start Luliconazole 1% cream at night for two weeks, Venusia cream morning for 15 days, Mometasone and Fusidic acid cream in afternoon and evening for seven days. Take Levoc...  Read Full »

What can a painless rash that itches be?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has this rash for about two weeks. I have meant to ask someone to reassure her it is nothing serious. What kind of rash is this? It does not hurt her, but the skin is irritated, sensitive, and itchy. It is located around the groin but does not go further inside the vagina or n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would like to confirm that this is a particular fungal infection with normal whitish flaky skin over a localized region and scaling present along with the classical sign of itching present....  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for jock itch in the groin region.

Query: Hello doctor, I have jock itch for the past one week. It is continuously burning and itching near the groin area. The scrotum is scaly, and I have constant burning in the buttock region. I am using Clotrimazole for the past two days. Can you prescribe some medication?  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be pediculosis pubis. Are there inflammatory annular or round lesions with elevated margins? Any oozing from the margins? Any swelling or inflammation, itchy papules, or nodules present? Do you have intense itching? Excess scratching and rubbing of lesion? ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin.

Query: Dear doctor, I am age 38, non diabetic and not having any other problems or treatment. Few weeks back, I observed some rashes on my upper part of penis, bloody in color and two small swellings with red colour in foreskin. Itching is there. Now a small burning sensation is there when passing uri...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh Prasath

Urologist

Answer: Could you upload a photo of the rash.. Do you have similar rash in any other part of body??? Was there any recent history of sexual exposure?? Do you still continue to wash it with soap?? Do get back to me with photo and above details. Ready to help you out..  Read Full »

How to get rid of my recurrent skin infections in thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a skin infection in the thighs area. The previous doctor did give me an ointment and I did get rid of it somewhat. But I am in a new place right now and the infection has held me again. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attach a picture of the lesion for details. Is it itching, burning, pain, or irritation?  Read Full »

Why are there red itchy patches on groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, Red itchy patches on groin area all the way spread around anus and thigh. Tried treating with camphor mixed with coconut oil first. Then used Cosvate GM, Ketoclean and Keto Soap. It has worsened.  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have tinea corporis/cruris which is also known as ringworm/fungal infection. Kindly stop using the earlier medicines. You should take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day for 3 weeks. Also, take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for the itching. Also apply Luli...  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce Plus cream be used for ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured. You should take capsule Itracona...  Read Full »

How to get rid of jock itch overnight?

Query: Hello doctor, I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »