Luliconazole

Luliconazole is an anti-fungal medication that is available in the cream form. It is used to treat athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.

How to get rid of jock itch overnight?

Query: Hello doctor, I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost h...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What can a painless rash that itches be?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has this rash for about two weeks. I have meant to ask someone to reassure her it is nothing serious. What kind of rash is this? It does not hurt her, but the skin is irritated, sensitive, and itchy. It is located around the groin but does not go further inside the vagina or n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would like to confirm that this is a particular fungal infection with normal whitish flaky skin over a localized region and scaling present along with the classical sign of itching present....  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for beltline rash.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small rash on my belt line that has been there for a number of weeks. It is red, inflamed, and bumpy. It tends to itch a lot. It is not ring-shaped, more like a razor burn. I take Roaccutane, Aropax, and Valtrex. Please find the image.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the file (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a common site for fungal infection and frictional dermatitis. I suggest you take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg orally at bedtime to reduce the itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss...  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ringworm on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworm on my leg and the upper side of my penis from one month. I have taken antibiotics like Terfaze. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, medications cannot be advised. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist   Read Full »

How to treat glans discoloration?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a circular or oval area of discolored skin on the shaft of my penis, near the base. It started as a small circular area that looked very much like ringworm and now, it is much larger. The area of skin is paler than the rest of my penis and it seems to have some red scaling around th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it associated with itching at present? Kindly attach the photos. Please do not use cream containing Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone Dipropionate combination. It is steroid cream and the side effect of using it in the groin area can lead to thinning of the skin and whi...  Read Full »

Can I use Teczine for itching and redness in the groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have severe itching and redness in the groin area. I have used over-the-counter creams, besides, I have also used some home remedies over the affected area. The skin is flaky. Please suggest a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I have noted your concern. Perhaps you might have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload an image so that I will be able to guide you better. Regards. Revert with an image to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq...  Read Full »

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce Plus cream for ringworm?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured. You should take capsule Itracona...  Read Full »

Suffering from jock itch and thickened scrotal skin. What is the cure?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from jock itch for two months. Initially, there were well-circumscribed lesions with darker edges and itching on groin folds. Now, the skin has become hard, pigmented and dry with loss of hair. Scrotum and penile shaft also affected and resulted in the loss of rugosities and...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you Luliconazole 1% cream, twice daily for two weeks. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine such as Cetirizine 10 mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching. You may also take an oral antifungal such as Itraconazole 100 mg Caps...  Read Full »