Q. I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Nov 01, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and back of penis (underskin). I also found tiny red rashes under the foreskin and a little bit of smegma. I am cleaning the penis after every act. This is the first time I am having this problem. Please suggest me medications.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• You can apply Acyclovir cream and Clotrimazole cream both together, thrice a day, until completely free of the problem and four to five days after that, use condoms.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Shall I apply both the creams together or at different times? Shall I apply this under the skin of the penis or outside the penis? Because the label says 'external use only.' Can I apply this cream after sex? Will smegma get controlled after applying these creams?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

1. Smegma is increased due to inflammation.
  2. You can apply both together. First, apply Acyclovir, then Clotrimazole after ten minutes.
  3. Apply them to the foreskin and penis head. It is an external application. Internal application means inside the mouth, ear, etc.
  4. You can apply it after sex. Clean the penis with soap only. Do not use Dettol, Savlon, etc.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Avoid Candid B (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream. It is a fungal infection. You will need oral antifungal medication. Are you allergic to oral medication? Are you diabetic? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full

Please suggest medicines for redness and pain on the glans.

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness and pain on the glans with whitish skin layer peeling off after a bath. I have been using Candid ointment for about 10 days without much relief. Should I change over to Candid B instead?  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you do not regularly wash under the foreskin, a cheesy material, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation. The solution is to wash carefully with warm salty water.If this occurred following sexual intercourse, then this is probably caused...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now