Q. How to cure the fungal infection in my penis?

Answered by Dr. Shaunak Patel and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Fungal Infection or Itraconazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hi doctor,

I am 18 years old. I have a fungal infection in the groin area. It has got spread. It has affected my penis. Now I have an urge to urinate inside my penis. I want to get cured. Please suggest.

Related Questions:
How to cure the fungal infection in my penis?
General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents
I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
Cosmetology, Dermatology, Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I suggest you consult your local dermatologist soon. I suggest you start with antifungal medications soon. Take capsule I-Win 100 mg (Itraconazole) twice daily after lunch and dinner for two weeks. Apply Eberwin cream (Eberconazole) over the affected area once daily after having a bath in the morning and once before going to bedtime for two weeks. Avoid rubbing with excessive soap. Trim your nails.

Clean the affected area every time before applying the cream. Stop taking fast foods for two weeks. Revert me after two weeks for a change in prescription. Change your underwear twice a day. Wash your underwear in hot water and dry it in the sun. Do not continue these medicines indefinitely. They will harm you. They are supposed to be used only for the desired time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

How can jock itch be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old non-diabetic male. I am suffering from a jock itch and ringworm infection. I have been applying Quadriderm cream but I have not noticed any significant improvement. Rather, the itching has intensified. The inner thigh and anal area have turned brown. On ringworms, I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you take an oral antifungal like Zimig 250 mg (Terbinafine) or Canditral (Itraconazole) 200 mg capsule once a day for four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss ...  Read Full »
There are pink spots in my scrotum. Is it a jock itch?
Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full »
I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal infection and is ...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Can transvaginal scan cause spotting during pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I have a history of recurrent early miscarriage (before seven weeks). Investigations pointed to high autoimm ...Read more »
My hairline has reduced. Should I opt for Ayurveda, homeopathy, or other alternative medicine?
Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. For past five to six years my hairline has reduced drastically, a kind of patter ...Read more »
How to Grow Thick and Dark Eyelashes - Uses | Work | Effective | Precautions | Side Effects
Women use mascaras, artificial eyelashes, and a lot of other cosmetic products to make their eyelashes look long, thick, ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From