Common "Itraconazole" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Itraconazole belongs to the triazoles group of antifungal drugs. It is used to treat fungal infections affecting the lungs, nails, mouth, and esophagus. The common side effects include stomach pain, diarrhea, rashes, and nausea.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can I use Pacroma cream for intense itching in my buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an intense itching in my buttocks. I usually suffer heavy itching problem throughout my day. I apply Pacroma in my buttocks. Also, I apply an antifungal powder which gives me only temporary relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please attach two to three clear pictures of the affected area for better evaluation and guidance. Since when are you having these issues? Are you applying Pacroma Cream (Pimecrolimus topical) under the advice of your dermatologist?  Read Full »

I develop balanitis whenever I am on an antibiotics. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 49-year-old male. For the past six to seven years, whenever I am on an antibiotic course (Augmentin Duo 625 mg). It results in balanitis and smegma production, which troubles me for two to three weeks and then disappears. About two months ago, I was on an antibiotic (Augmentin) for...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, I am glad you chose icliniq for your medical-related queries. I understand your concern and will try to help you with it. I need a few details to help you in a proper manner. For what condition are you taking antibiotics? Is it self-medication or prescribed by a doctor? Have you got your blo...  Read Full »

My buttocks have redness. Do I have psoriasis?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of months, I have had a red area between my butt cheeks (not anus, further up where butt cheeks meet). This developed on the right side as a large area of redness which now feels scaly and a bit raised. At times it may feel moist, watery, not quite bleedy though. I tried a...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to After carefully reading your complaints and looking at your photographs, there seem to be three possibilities (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Tinea cruris. Psoriasis. Erythrasma. For making a clear cut diagnosis, I need the answers for a few qu...  Read Full »

How can I cure itching in my private parts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having problems with itching between buttocks on the backsides. The itching is sometimes below the testicles and around that area. I have many creams like Ring Guard, Itch Gaurd, Sapat lotion, etc. All this gave relief. But, after some weeks I feel itching again below and I have g...  Read Full »

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a fungal infection. I suggest you stop all the creams that you have been applying. For topical use, I suggest you apply Onabet Lotion (Sertaconazole) 2% once daily and Lulizol...  Read Full »

Why do I have some kind of allergy in my inner thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing an allergic reaction in the inner thigh area near my anus. This has resulted in dry skin. It started as a small dot but has now spread on both sides of my anus and thighs. The itching is severe. Initially, I used a cream containing combination of Betamethasone, Gentamici...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. Firstly, I suggest you stop using a cream containing combination of Betamethasone, Gentamicin, Tolnaftate and Clioquinol as it contains steroids. It is possible that you have a case of tinea, and this cream you mentioned m...  Read Full »

Why am I getting itching and burning sensation on my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking Oxra 5 mg tablet for diabetes, and due to this I had excessive urination. I got a fungal infection on the skin of my penis with a burning sensation and itching. I got this problem two weeks ago when I was on Oxra. I consulted a skin specialist and he prescribed Itraconazol...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Candidal balanoposthitis is a very common fungal infection of the glans and prepuce of the penis. It is usually seen in poorly-controlled diabetics. Also, the treatment course you have taken is incomplete. Usually, the antifungal cream needs to be applied daily for a...  Read Full »

I am a 26-year-old female having vaginal, and anal itching along with itching on the sides of the thigh line. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old, and I have vaginal itching, anal itching, and also have itching on the sides of the thigh line for the past one month but the itching was mild. For the past two days, the itching is high. Kindly let me know how to get rid of this itching. There are no rashes or ring...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to We value the high level of confidence that you have in us. Please let me know whether you are allergic to any medicine or if you are taking any medicines apart from Itraconazole. I suggest you do the following: Maintain strict hygiene. Avoid sexual contac...  Read Full »

Why do I have spots on my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some spots on my penis. Can you please identify what is it? Also please let me know the reason for development. It is a recurring episode. Can you also suggest a remedy?¬†Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to How long it has been there? What is the complaint in it? Have you tried any self-medication? Revert back with the answers to a dermatologist online -->  Read Full »

I have scrotal skin problem. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 24 years. I have scrotum skin problem. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Please sen...  Read Full »

Why are there rash and white layers on the head of the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old male. I have a rash and a white layer formation on my head of the penis. It is itchy. I always have this problem for at least a month. I need a permanent solution to get cured. Is this related to any HIV issue? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This condition is called Balanoposthitis, in which there is inflammation of glans (penis tip) and foreskin. Most often, it is caused by candida (fungus). It is contagious, and it spread...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.