Q. Why am I having severe itching beneath the belly and between thighs?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My problem is severe itching beneath the belly and between thighs. There are also marks. When I first consulted, the doctor prescribed Onabet cream. It did not go. The second time, another doctor prescribed Permethrin cream. It did not go. Later I consulted a doctor directly and he gave me Ebernet cream. Still, I have the issue. I also used Clotrimazole cream. It did not go. I maintain good hygene. It is almost like dermatophytes as one of the doctors said. Please prescribe me a strong ointment.

#

I have gone through your case. Marks could be scratch marks due to dryness, it could be due to scabies for which you have been given Permethrin and it could be a fungal infection for which you have used Clotrimazole cream. Sometimes fungal infection may require six weeks of treatment. And problem arises when the patient leaves treatment halfway considering it is not effective and then it becomes resistant, and require even prolong treatment.

Similarly, itching due to dryness may require prolonged and continuous moisturizing. So, in my opinion, continue to apply Clotrimazole cream 2 to 3 times a day, do not use Onabet (Sertaconazole). Avoid sweating and friction and apply vaseline lotion at night.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|