Q. Why do I have itching and red bumps on my inner thigh area, which was sweaty most of the time?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I had itching and red bumps on the inner thigh region. I was sweating too often last week, and the area was sweaty most of the time. Now I have itching, irritation, and scratching tendency. The skin seems to be dry there. Two years back, I had a ringworm infection, and it was completely cured. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

It is a superficial fungal infection with atopic eczema (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). I would suggest the following:

1. Apply Miconazole or Luliconazole cream twice daily for six weeks.
  2. Apply Mupirocin (Mupirocin calcium) cream in the daytime for ten days.
  3. Wash area with Ketoconazole soap for two months.
  4. Apply Abzorb dusting powder (Clotrimazole and Lidocaine) after bath for one month to control sweating.
  5. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after dinner for 14 days (if itching).
  6. Avoid scratching and rubbing lesions.
  7. Wear loose and comfortable thin cotton clothes.
  8. Avoid occlusion or friction.
  9. Keep the area clean.
  10. Maintain proper hygiene.

|