Q. There are white deposits on skin around vagina. Is it RVCC?

I am 37 years old and diabetic. I had dengue two years back. Since that time (I feel) I have itching around my vagina and also itching around the urinal area. No pain or itching while urinating. There are white deposits on the skin around vagina including clitoris and urethra, redness, itching, and swelling. I doubt it is recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVVC). It is worst only in the night times. I took Fluconazole for once in a week for three weeks. Please do help me. Kindly let me know if you need any more details.

Dr. Pooja Raosaheb Kohkade
MBBS., DGO
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

You are diabetic that is why you are getting repeatedly vulvovaginal candidiasis. You have to control your blood and urine sugar first. If it is not under control the fungi will grow again and again. Apply Clotrimazole ointment on affected area on the outer side and keep Candid vaginal pessary in the vagina for seven days daily at night. Consult your gynecologist immediately, check your sugar might be it is not controlled well. First, control your sugar.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.