Q. Can I consume some powder to gain weight?

Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2020

I am a 33 year old male. My uric acid level is 7.2. Can I consume some powder for gaining weight? Sometime, I feel stiffness and joint pain. Please help me.

#

• Your uric acid level is merely elevated and it is borderline. But, there is no need to scare all about it.
  • The most excellent way to gain your weight is through exercise and proper diet.
  • You possibly may gain your weight in a healthy approach without taking any kind of supplements.
  • I suggest you to take your routine food with moderate protein, moderate fat, high fiber and higher nutrition.
  • Do some regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging, simple exercises, yoga, cardio and weight training daily for an hour.
  • I suggest you have green tea in the morning and take 150 mL of lukewarm water with lemon and honey twice a day. Eat 10 tablespoons of raw sprouts, especially green gram and chickpeas daily.
  • Eat a bowl (100-150 mL) of raw fruits like sweet lime, strawberry, guava, apple and grapes for one time in a day. Take complex carbohydrates like whole grain breads, pasta, brown rice, etc. Take almond and walnuts, three to five pieces thrice a week.
  • Use olive oil or flax seed oil (linseed oil) for making vegetable gravies especially broccoli, cauliflower and mushroom. Drink plenty of water.
  • Avoid bakery, oily, spicy, salted, carbonated, tinned, sea and packed food. Avoid drinking milk and alcohol.

For further information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

| 

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I sh...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Nutritionist Now