Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minutes. Now, I am noticing swollen veins on my penis shaft. I believe it could be thrombosis or Mondor's disease. I have an appointment scheduled with my general practitioner but would appreciate any feedback. I can still get erections but they do not feel as full. Also, I have to manually stimulate to get erections. Sometimes, I feel a dull ache on the bottom part of my shaft.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins.
  • In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but it is very minimal and nothing to worry. It is self-limiting.
  • Avoid sex and masturbation for a few days.
  • You can apply Thrombophob ointment (a combination of Heparin and Benzyl Nicotinate) locally to reduce thrombophlebitis.
  • Regarding erection problems, it is just because you are stressing about the problem in the penis. So, nothing to worry about erection.

Do not worry. Everything will be alright. Let your GP have look and examine you.

For more information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What is causing burning pain in penis with yellow colored urine?
Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?
Why am I having pain in penis after masturbating?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.