Q. Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Sep 06, 2017

I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minutes. Now, I am noticing swollen veins on my penis shaft. I believe it could be thrombosis or Mondor's disease. I have an appointment scheduled with my general practitioner but would appreciate any feedback. I can still get erections but they do not feel as full. Also, I have to manually stimulate to get erections. Sometimes, I feel a dull ache on the bottom part of my shaft.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins.
  • In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but it is very minimal and nothing to worry. It is self-limiting.
  • Avoid sex and masturbation for a few days.
  • You can apply Thrombophob ointment (a combination of Heparin and Benzyl Nicotinate) locally to reduce thrombophlebitis.
  • Regarding erection problems, it is just because you are stressing about the problem in the penis. So, nothing to worry about erection.

Do not worry. Everything will be alright. Let your GP have look and examine you.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »