Gall Bladder Stones

What are the complications of leaving an asymptomatic gallstone untreated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old with a weight of 46 kilograms. I have a gallbladder stone of 18 mm and my common bile duct is 3 mm. This stone was 12 mm before seven years and it has grown up now. I do not have any severe pain and I have a positive murphy sign. My ultrasound shows on and off mild wal...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Stones presenting in the gall bladder causes pain. It is of moderate to severe intensity and it starts after taking meals. It remains for one to six hours and tends to recur again. The pain is located on the right subcoastal margin. When there...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get relief from abdominal pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been in the ER twice in the last two weeks for abdominal pain. The pain is just below my rib cage in the middle of the stomach. It only happens about 2 hours after I eat and lasts for about 6 hours or until the pain medicines they give me. The pain has come like labor pain for hour...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. This kind of pain is mostly due to acid reflux or gall bladder issues like stones in the gall bladder called as cholelithiasis. It can also be due to hiatus hernia associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). So, for the evaluation of g...  Read Full »

Is treatment necessary for 3 mm gallbladder stone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling nauseous in the morning hours for about a month. But, I vomit only once a day. My blood test report is normal, but there is a slight increase in eosinophil count (9.8). I am also found with a 3 mm gallbladder stone. My age is 40 years. I am currently on Pantocid and Domstal ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any burning pain in the stomach or early satiety or delayed digestion or indigestion? Are you on any other medication? Do you drink alcohol? Is there any other symptom such as headache or diarrhea? Continue the same medication that has been prescribed for ...  Read Full »

How to cure the pain and discomfort present in pancreas?

Query: Please help me, I have mild pain and discomfort where my pancreas is and I cannot eat or drink much more. I ate small portion of chicken, potato slad and green beans for dinner and had apple cinn oatmeal for breakfast. I took a few weeks to be able to eat this and was barely eating during that time....  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand that you must be very upset about your ongoing chronic pain and inability to eat because of pain. The diagnosis of the pancreatitis requires blood, stool investigations, plus a radiological evidence on CT scan or MRI scan of the abdomen. If you have...  Read Full »

What could be the reasons for dull aching pain in my right upper abdomen?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male with 185 cm tall and 75 kg weight. I have a constant feeling of discomfort (sometimes dull pain) in the stomach's right top quarter for around a month. I have gallstones for 14 years now (size up to 6 mm), and the doctor told me this is the root cause. But fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many of the times, gallstones do not produce any symptoms unless they are big enough to obstruct the bile duct when they can cause sharp pain in the right upper part of the abdomen, especially after meals. They even do not cause any change in liver function tests, hence...  Read Full »

What is the recommended treatment for multiple gallstones with walled-off necrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My present condition is multiple gallbladder stones (size 2-5 mm. identified before four months) and asymptomatic extrapancreatic walled off - necrosis (size as per USG 8.7*5.1 cm identified a month back). Complications: WON is abutting GB fundus. I had acute pancreatitis. Gallbladd...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. I will help you in this. First, I will tell you about gallbladder stones. So any gall bladder stones with history of pancreatitis or multiple gall stone should be removed. Laparo...  Read Full »

Is chronic non-specific cholecystitis dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to take a second opinion about my mother. In her ultrasound, it was diagnosed that she had gall bladder stones. There was no pain but it was accidentally observed in the ultrasound. We waited for three years, but then, later on, one of my friend’s mother developed gall ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I just need to reassure you that the surgery was done by a world class surgeon. Reply to your queries: No need to worry about non-specific cholecystitis. It is not a cancerous lesion. If ...  Read Full »

Is there any nonsurgical method to treat multiple gallstones in an elderly patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother has multiple gallstones. She is very weak, and according to our doctor, she will not be able to tolerate surgery. I wanted to know if there are any non-surgical methods to treat this condition. She is having severe abdominal pain, accompanied with pain between the shoul...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmad Meleha

General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports. (attachments removed to protect patient identity). There is no doubt that laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a safe and the standard treatment for cholecystitis nowadays. However, some patients continue antibiotic therapy without undergoing su...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with gall bladder stones. Can it be treated with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with a stone in gall bladder measuring 4 mm, one stone only. I do not want to go for surgery. Can it be treated with medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The definite treatment for gallbladder stone is surgery. With medicines, there is very little chance for the dissolution of stone. As the stone is less than 5 mm, there are some chances that it may be dissolved, but it may take 6 to 12 months. There is only one drug ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for cystic duct syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is suffering from abdominal pain due to gallbladder problem. She is suffering from stomach pain for the past one year. It has aggravated recently. She gets pain when she eats green leafy vegetables or fatty foods. She had an antibiotic for a month. Doctors have told that water...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report says that she has a component of decreased gallbladder motility associated with polycystic changes in ovaries (PCOD). Now, we need to get LFT (liver function tests) done. Did she had pain as well as fever or jaundice? At present, is she symptomatic? Or asymp...  Read Full »