Gall Bladder Stones

Is treatment necessary for 3 mm gallbladder stone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling nauseous in the morning hours for about a month. But, I vomit only once a day. My blood test report is normal, but there is a slight increase in eosinophil count (9.8). I am also found with a 3 mm gallbladder stone. My age is 40 years. I am currently on Pantocid and Domstal ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any burning pain in the stomach or early satiety or delayed digestion or indigestion? Are you on any other medication? Do you drink alcohol? Is there any other symptom such as headache or diarrhea? Continue the same medication that has been prescribed for ...  Read Full »

How to cure the pain and discomfort present in pancreas?

Query: Please help me, I have mild pain and discomfort where my pancreas is and I cannot eat or drink much more. I ate small portion of chicken, potato slad and green beans for dinner and had apple cinn oatmeal for breakfast. I took a few weeks to be able to eat this and was barely eating during that time....  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand that you must be very upset about your ongoing chronic pain and inability to eat because of pain. The diagnosis of the pancreatitis requires blood, stool investigations, plus a radiological evidence on CT scan or MRI scan of the abdomen. If you have...  Read Full »

What could be the reasons for dull aching pain in my right upper abdomen?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male with 185 cm tall and 75 kg weight. I have a constant feeling of discomfort (sometimes dull pain) in the stomach's right top quarter for around a month. I have gallstones for 14 years now (size up to 6 mm), and the doctor told me this is the root cause. But fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many of the times, gallstones do not produce any symptoms unless they are big enough to obstruct the bile duct when they can cause sharp pain in the right upper part of the abdomen, especially after meals. They even do not cause any change in liver function tests, hence...  Read Full »

What are the complications of leaving an asymptomatic gallstone untreated?

Query: Hi, I have one gallstone that is 18mm my common bile duct is 3mm , I have had this stone since 7 years and it was 12mm then so it’s grown , I have never had severe pain but i have positive Murphy’s sign and ultrasound has shown on and off mild wall thickening. I am terrified of surgery...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well I can very well understand your concern. Just look up in the list of indications for gall bladder due to stones. Stone with typical gall bladder pain. The typical gall bladder pain is moderate to severe intensity pain, that starts after meals, and remain for ...  Read Full »

What is the recommended treatment for multiple gallstones with walled-off necrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My present condition is multiple gallbladder stones (size 2-5 mm. identified before four months) and asymptomatic extrapancreatic walled off - necrosis (size as per USG 8.7*5.1 cm identified a month back). Complications: WON is abutting GB fundus. I had acute pancreatitis. Gallbladd...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. I will help you in this. First, I will tell you about gallbladder stones. So any gall bladder stones with history of pancreatitis or multiple gall stone should be removed. Laparo...  Read Full »

Is chronic non-specific cholecystitis dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to take a second opinion about my mother. In her ultrasound, it was diagnosed that she had gall bladder stones. There was no pain but it was accidentally observed in the ultrasound. We waited for three years, but then, later on, one of my friend’s mother developed gall ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I just need to reassure you that the surgery was done by a world class surgeon. Reply to your queries: No need to worry about non-specific cholecystitis. It is not a cancerous lesion. If ...  Read Full »

Is there any nonsurgical method to treat multiple gallstones in an elderly patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother has multiple gallstones. She is very weak, and according to our doctor, she will not be able to tolerate surgery. I wanted to know if there are any non-surgical methods to treat this condition. She is having severe abdominal pain, accompanied with pain between the shoul...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmad Meleha

General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports. (attachments removed to protect patient identity). There is no doubt that laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a safe and the standard treatment for cholecystitis nowadays. However, some patients continue antibiotic therapy without undergoing su...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with gall bladder stones. Can it be treated with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with a stone in gall bladder measuring 4 mm, one stone only. I do not want to go for surgery. Can it be treated with medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The definite treatment for gallbladder stone is surgery. With medicines, there is very little chance for the dissolution of stone. As the stone is less than 5 mm, there are some chances that it may be dissolved, but it may take 6 to 12 months. There is only one drug ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for cystic duct syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is suffering from abdominal pain due to gallbladder problem. She is suffering from stomach pain for the past one year. It has aggravated recently. She gets pain when she eats green leafy vegetables or fatty foods. She had an antibiotic for a month. Doctors have told that water...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report says that she has a component of decreased gallbladder motility associated with polycystic changes in ovaries (PCOD). Now, we need to get LFT (liver function tests) done. Did she had pain as well as fever or jaundice? At present, is she symptomatic? Or asymp...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain due to gallbladder stones. What is the further procedure?

Query: Hello doctor,I had stomach pain after which my report was confirmed as gallbladder stones. What is the further procedure? Please let me know all the details, including the cost.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. The mere presence of gall stones does not mean that your abdominal pain was from the gall bladder. Many people have gall bladder stones which do not give them any symptoms. When the gall bladder gets inflamed or when a gall bladder stones block the bile duct, yo...  Read Full »