Q. I am suffering from stomach pain due to gallbladder stones. What is the management?

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 09, 2019

I had stomach pain after which my report was confirmed as gallbladder stones. What is the further procedure? Please let me know all the details, including the cost.

#

The mere presence of gall stones does not mean that your abdominal pain was from the gall bladder. Many people have gall bladder stones which do not give them any symptoms. When the gall bladder gets inflamed or when a gall bladder stones block the bile duct, you get symptoms like pain, fever, and jaundice.

So, we need to ascertain whether the gall bladder stone was responsible for your abdominal pain or not. If it appears that the stone was the cause of your pain, then surgery can be considered. Laparoscopic surgery (keyhole operation) can be done, and many hospitals have doctors trained in this. The cost of the procedure varies from hospital to hospital. You should, however, first make sure that the abdominal pain was directly related to the gall bladder stone. Please upload the copy of the scan report, and also indicate in which part of the abdomen you had pain. The gall bladder is located under the right rib cage margin. I hope this helps.

|