Q. What is the treatment for gallbladder polyp?

Dr. Noushif M

I have been diagnosed with gallbladder polyp. There are multiple polyps of size 8.7 mm. Please suggest the treatment for it.

#

You need to get your gallbladder removed. Plan to consult a GI (gastrointestinal) surgeon for laparoscopic cholecystectomy.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Can I wait for some time to watch the polyps or I should get my gallbladder removed immediately?

#

No worries. You can wait and do the surgery electively unless you experience severe pain and dyspeptic symptoms. It is a simple surgery.

Gallbladder polyps, especially small ones, as such need not always require surgery. The region you belong to is a high-incidence region for gallbladder tumors. In the high-risk population, it is always recommended to have surgery. Do not get confused by searching on the web.

Hope your query is cleared. Do revert if you have any further queries.

|