Q. Can I take Spirulina 500 mg tablet twice, to replace the intake of 2. 5 mg Folic acid and Vitamin B?

Dr. Deepak Kishore
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 29, 2018

Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet be taken twice to replace the intake of 2.5 mg folic acid and vitamin B?

Dr. Deepak Kishore

General Surgery Paediatric Surgery Paediatrics
#

The amount of folic acid or vitamin B available in a capsule of Spirulina is not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of these vitamins. So, it is essential to substitute it by other vitamin supplements.

| 

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »

Can Vitamin B12 improve my low platetlet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of low platelet count for the last 15 years. My latest count was 4000 cells per microliter. I have not undergone any treatment for this problem. My B12 level is 26.2 pg/ml, biological reference interval is 25.1 - 165, serum ferritin is 12.0 and hemoglobin is 11.0. I r...  Read Full »

Why was I prescribed with Folic acid, Glycomet and Oosure for delayed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I am trying to conceive for the past one year. Four months back, my period was delayed for 12 days, and so I got a consultation. My doctor advised me to take Folic acid, Oosure and Glycomet without any medical test like an ultrasound, etc. She told to contin...  Read Full »