Q. Can I take Spirulina 500 mg tablet twice, to replace the intake of 2. 5 mg Folic acid and Vitamin B?

Dr. Deepak Kishore
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 29, 2018

Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet be taken twice to replace the intake of 2.5 mg folic acid and vitamin B?

Dr. Deepak Kishore

General Surgery Paediatric Surgery Paediatrics
#

The amount of folic acid or vitamin B available in a capsule of Spirulina is not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of these vitamins. So, it is essential to substitute it by other vitamin supplements.

|