Q. Can I take Spirulina 500 mg tablet twice, to replace the intake of 2. 5 mg Folic acid and Vitamin B?

Dr. Deepak Kishore
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 29, 2018

Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet be taken twice to replace the intake of 2.5 mg folic acid and vitamin B?

#

The amount of folic acid or vitamin B available in a capsule of Spirulina is not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of these vitamins. So, it is essential to substitute it by other vitamin supplements.

| 

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »

Can Vitamin B12 improve my low platetlet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of low platelet count for the last 15 years. My latest count was 4000 cells per microliter. I have not undergone any treatment for this problem. My B12 level is 26.2 pg/ml, biological reference interval is 25.1 - 165, serum ferritin is 12.0 and hemoglobin is 11.0. I r...  Read Full »

Why was I prescribed with Folic acid, Glycomet and Oosure for delayed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I am trying to conceive for the past one year. Four months back, my period was delayed for 12 days, and so I got a consultation. My doctor advised me to take Folic acid, Oosure and Glycomet without any medical test like an ultrasound, etc. She told to contin...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»