Q. Will the ganglion on my wrist grow and become cancerous?

Dr. Atul Prakash
I have a lump on my wrist. I noticed it a month ago. It’s not painful when pressed nor when I do movements on my hand.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

hello,

This is most likely a GANGLOIN and not much is needed to me done except wear a wrist splint if the wrist becomes painful and take antinflammatory tablets as required.

Mostly you will not need it to be removed surgically and may spontaneously disappear.

| 
Hi again doc. Will this gangloin on my wrist grow over time? Isn’t it going to be cancerous in the long run if nit removed?

It feels a little hard. I only noticed it a month ago. I think it appeared so sudden.

Dr. Atul Prakash

# Yes GANGLOINs do grow but very slowly after they have achieved a particular size, sometimes they disappear suddenly as they appeared as the pressure inside caused the outer covering to break.
They are hard to touch because that are filled will gel like substance and are like a tight balloon,

GANGLOINs are benign and do not turn cancerous

You can get an ultrasound if you are worried and it will confirm that this is not solid but filled with liquid

| 
Thank you so much doctor. ❤️

Dr. Atul Prakash

Kindly explain the management of shingles.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom has a pretty severe case of shingles. Starting on the left side mid back and goes around to the belly. She has been prescribed Pregabalin and it is not helping, they tried Gabapentin and she has bad side effects from it. We have tried compounded pain ointments, ice, cool water,...  Read Full »

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now