Q. Will the ganglion on my wrist grow and become cancerous?

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2021

I have a lump on the wrist. I noticed it before a month. I do not have pain while pressed or moving my hands.

#

It seems like a ganglion. Wear a wrist splint when the wrist is painful and take anti-inflammatory tablets as required. It does not require surgical treatment and they disappear spontaneously.

Will this ganglion on my wrist grow over time? Will it become cancerous if it is not removed? I feel hard and it occurred suddenly. I noticed it before a month.

#

Ganglions grow slowly. After reaching a particular size, they disappear suddenly due to the pressure produced inside the skin. It causes the outer covering to break. They are hard to touch as they are filled with a gel-like substance and they seem to be a tight balloon. Ganglions are benign and they do not turn cancerous. If you are worried, do an ultrasound to see its condition filled with liquid.

Thank you for guiding me.

#

You are welcome.

|