Q. Is it normal to feel pressure under rib cage?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have pressure at the top of my abdomen, under my rib cage. It is not painful. It feels like there is something extra in there or there is someone pressing out against my ribs. CT scan was normal. Would it show enlarged organs? Does this sound like a problem? Should I be worried about this?

#

Sometimes severe gastritis can produce gas or fill in the upper abdomen. That area appears larger or swollen and hard. This you cannot see in ultrasound or CT scan. Please give history- Are you alcoholic or smoker? Diabetic or hypertensive? Taking your diet timely and regularly or too much spicy? These are all the reason for the gas formation and gastritis.

Try the following medicines and review after 10 days.

1.Tablet Pan D one BID before food.

2.Syrup Sucralfate 10 ml TID for 10 days and review. Avoid spicy food.

|