Q. Is it normal to feel pressure under rib cage?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
Published on Aug 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2019

I have pressure at the top of my abdomen, under my rib cage. It is not painful. It feels like there is something extra in there or there is someone pressing out against my ribs. CT scan was normal. Would it show enlarged organs? Does this sound like a problem? Should I be worried about this?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Sometimes severe gastritis can produce gas or fill in the upper abdomen. That area appears larger or swollen and hard. This you cannot see in ultrasound or CT scan. Please give history- Are you alcoholic or smoker? Diabetic or hypertensive? Taking your diet timely and regularly or too much spicy? These are all the reason for the gas formation and gastritis.

Try the following medicines and review after 10 days.

1.Tablet Pan D one BID before food.

2.Syrup Sucralfate 10 ml TID for 10 days and review. Avoid spicy food.

Is there any medicine to reduce throat tightness?

Query: Hello doctor,Is there any medicine to reduce throat tightness? I am suffering from the last four days. It seems like something is tied around my neck. I do not sense it when I am lying down. But, once I am up, I can again feel this tightness. Attached are my reports. I was suffering from a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For complaints of tightness in the neck area, ensure you rule out thyroid disorders. Regarding cough and cold since your return, I suggest you start tablet Amoxyclav 625 mg (a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice a day for five days, tablet Muc...  Read Full

Is erosive pan gastritis permanently curable?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I we...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gastritis is easily treatable with proton pump inhibitors. The medicines you are taking for psychiatric disorders may worsen your gastric issues. If there is no further worsening of symptoms, then you can continue with the same dose. If you have a ...  Read Full

What can be done for heartburn and gas problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have heartburn and gas problem. I have burning pain in between chest and stomach. I have feeling of something stuck on throat. I am facing difficulty with continuous burping.  Read Full >>

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, you are having GERD- gastroesophageal reflux disease. You can undergo endoscopy examination to rule out any upper GI problems. Try the following medicines and review: 1. Tablet PAN D 1 BID before food. 2. Tablet Libarex 1 BID after foo...  Read Full