Q. What is the use of Troxipide?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I am 23 year old male. I am working as a software professional. I recently had some discomfort with digestion. I had severe bloating, gas formation and a frequent sensation of motions. I went to a gastroenterologist and he made an endoscopy and endoscopic biopsy. The biopsy result is yet to come, but I am scared after seeing the endoscopy report. He said it is not serious and some bacterial infection. The report looks scary to me. I had antral gastritis a year back and took medication for some time. I am always eating outside food, but nothing spicy. I have attached my endoscopy reports here and I just want to take a second opinion from you. Kindly explain me the problem and give a solution.

#

As your doctor said, there is nothing serious.

• This is a type of gastritis, which has involved almost all areas of the stomach and some part beyond that.
  • Yes, it is due to some bacterial infection, Helicobacter pylori. For this, you need a specific antibiotic for 14 days.
  • Your habit of eating outside and spicy food is a reason for this.

H.pylori infection and spicy food.

1. Specific antibiotic course for H.pylori for 14 days.
2. Continue your current medications for acidity.

Avoid spicy food and take bland diet till the completion of your course of therapy. Also, try to reduce any form of caffeine and nicotine.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I would like to express a few more concerns regarding this. Initially, when I had antral gastritis a year back, my doctor did not prescribe any antibiotics. Did he miss the diagnosis? He prescribed some Troxipide. What will that do? How come I got all those erosions within a year? They look scary and that too all over stomach. Does it mean I have a bacterial infection from long time? Why did the doctor do a biopsy if he knows that it is due to this bacteria? Does stress cause all these effects?

#

• Yes, stress is additive to gastritis as it increases acid secretion during hunger state.
  • When you had same episode before a year, there was no confirmation test done for this infection and treatment for acidity was prescribed to relieve your symptoms
  • It might possible as you did not have proper antibiotic therapy and you had repeated episodes of infection induced gastritis. But, it is not sure whether your food habit or infection or both, which cause repeated infection.
  • Troxipide is useful in acidity induced ulcers. It promoted healing of such ulcers.

For further doubts consult a medical gastroenterologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|