Q. I have a problem with my bowel movement. Kindly explain it.

Dr. Prabudoss G S
Published on Nov 26, 2016

I am practicing as a karma yogi. I have a problem with the bowel movement. I am taking up to 30 minutes to out the dross. After practicing yoga and exercise, I am again in need to go to restroom again. I wonder how the dross is segregated without having food in the morning. I wake up at 4 AM completely out my dross and bath. I will do the prayer and exercise after the sip of a cup of tea and without having any food. I am in a situation to out my dross for freeness of the stomach. This is the only problem I have with my stomach for more than two years. My bowels are polluted I guess. I have been a tobacco user for eight years. Now, I have left that habit, but I still have some temptation to smoke. How to improve my bowel movements?

Dr. Prabudoss G S

General Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology
#

• This is not your unique problem, but present in most of the middle aged people.
  • You have previously tuned your bowel for tobacco and now that your yoga helps in maintaining the rhythm.
  • However, your present condition is termed as gastrocolic reflux (increased colon motility - GCR). You have to be investigated and treated.

Chronic habits.

Motion routine and scan.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

1. GCR.
2. IBS.

Conservative.

Avoid smoking and coffee

For further doubts consult a surgical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

Why are my arm muscles shaking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I work as a software engineer. Over few days, suddenly my arm muscles are shaking for a few seconds and it will be normal after sometime. Also sometimes, I am not feeling well. Are these the symptoms of diabetes or any other health issues?  Read Full »

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Irritable bowel syndrome is one of the annoying gastrointestinal tract diseases because of the chronic nature of the disease and the variety of symptoms that can interfere with your daily life. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Abdallah Elashkar

Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional disturbance of colonic motility without organic causes. IBS is characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. Causes:  Unknown, but psychological disturbance plays a role. Symptoms: IBS is known to have a long history with long interval pe...  Read Article

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now