Gelusil Syrup

Is endoscopy needed for constant burping?

Query: Hello doctor, My son took Accutane to treat his acne and stop taking the same. His acne is gone but he said he started having burping sometime after he took Accutane, mostly every day in the morning and whenever he eats. To prevent his burping he does not eat much. He does not feel bloated nor pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for providing a detailed history of your son. This excessive burping usually occurs due to aerophagia. Patient is usually not aware of it and they swallow a lot of air during eating or drinking. We normally swallow a little air and we sometimes have one or two...  Read Full »

Why does it feel like something is moving in my chest?

Query: Hi doctor, I need a consultation for my father. He is 56 years old. His height is 5 feet 8 inches and weight is 78 kg. He looks healthy. He is not obese and there is no history of ortho, cardiac or uric acid problems. Sometimes, he might have high BP. He does not smoke, chew tobacco or drink alcohol...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To clear your doubts regarding your father's chest pain, it looks like gastritis. Most chest pains are not heart related and it is good that you got an ECG done. The type of pain he complains is typical of gastritis, so to treat it I would like to know what medications h...  Read Full »

The stomach blossoms without food and it is felt more in the upper part of the stomach. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,The stomach blossoms without food, even in the morning. It is felt more in the upper part of the stomach.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. You can have a gas problem due to functional indigestion. I suggest you take gelusil MPS like syrup before bedtime for one week. It is advisable to take Rabeprazole like antacid for the week also. If there is no improvement than USG abdomen scan should be done for ...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

Can my wife take Doxinate tablet throughout her pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant at present. She vomits in the mornings, and she has continuous light stomach pain. Once or twice a day, she has intense stomach pain for 5 to 7 minutes. She takes Doxinate tablet once a day. Is this type of pain common in pregnancy? Can she take...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Usually, vomiting during pregnancy lasts till 12 to 16 weeks maximum. She can keep having Doxinate (Doxylamine succinate and Pyridoxine hydrochloride), 2 to 4 times a day. It is safe in pregnancy. Gelusil or Mucaine gel is safer and better alternative, ...  Read Full »

I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. P...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a case of acidity and gastritis, precipitated by oily and spicy food. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Take a walk after your meal, instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and a...  Read Full »

I feel like something is stuck inside my throat. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, For few days now, I have a feeling of a lump in my throat, on the right side. It feels like a piece of food or a pill is stuck there, but I know there is nothing. When I press on the outside of my throat, there is a spongy and almost crackling quality to it that does not occur on the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That crackling sound is from the laryngeal cartilage. Do not press it. Any foreign body stuck in the throat has to be removed endoscopically. You should visit an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist as early as possible. If you are sure there is nothing stuck in you...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with IBS many years back. How to get rid of its symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 year old male, who weighs 210 lbs, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I have been having severe digestive and related symptoms for quite some time. I was diagnosed with IBS many years ago, but I would like a second opinion. My symptoms include severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), they are fine except some neutrophilia, which is indicative of some inflammation or infection somewhere. Overall, it is fine. Do you have any fever or burning while urination? There is a...  Read Full »

Could the pain in my lower rib area be due to a heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with some health issues lately. When I was 32 years old, I had my first atrial fibrillation, for which cardioversion was done in the hospital. Five years after that, I had a second attack, with the same result. I have never taken any medicines, just started taking...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) very carefully. Your heart looks fine, and your blood tests are also fine, only your cholesterol is elevated. Your ECGs are also normal, so the likelihood of this pain being cardiac ...  Read Full »

Can indigestion cause diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a bad case of diarrhea since last two days. I had outside food before two days and from that time I am experiencing diarrhea. I am excreting around six times daily. The consistency is not completely watery, but still very loose. The symptoms I am experiencing are as...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During diarrhea, there is an increased loss of water and electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium and bicarbonate) in the liquid stool, also through vomit, sweat, urine and breathing. Dehydration occurs when these losses are not replaced adequately. It is the dehydr...  Read Full »