Q. Can people with a generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) go to work?

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 13, 2021 and last reviewed on: Apr 15, 2021

How do you diagnose someone with a generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)? How does it start and differ from person to person? What are the physical symptoms? Can people with GAD go to work? Do these people tremble, shake or show signs of sweating? How much are they stressed, and what is the highest intensity of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)?

#

I am glad to help you out. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) can occur to anyone depending on their various life instances and stress factors. These patients have excessive worry about self and future, sometimes breathlessness, sweating, decreased confidence to face someone, and excess fear about things. One can have GAD at any point of time with varying severity, and it differs from person to person. It is associated with decreased quality of life and most commonly associated with depression. So it is essential to seek help from a psychiatrist always.

|