Q. Experiencing relapse of severe anxiety since past 3 months. I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Khandelwal and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema

Do you have a question on Generalized Anxiety Disorder or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 28 years of age and 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have had two miscarriages in the past. I am experiencing severe anxiety from the past three months. I developed this problem four years back, and I was put on a few medications which are in the attachment. I took them for around two months and felt better. But now it has returned, and I am feeling completely helpless. I stay in a remote place with my husband.

I am scared of everything. I feel detached from the environment. I am restless with intrusive thoughts. Now I am not attached to my baby too. I do not have any future plans. I love my husband, but I am scared to live with him. I am not on any medication as I am pregnant. I will sit on the internet to find some solution but reading horror stories about anxiety making me crazy. Please help me