Body Temperature

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: 1 yr old son has fever and cold for 3x day he is also vomiting. Temp 39.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: If temperature is 100 F or more, you can give syrup crocin (125 mg/5 ml) 4 ml sos 4 to 6 hourly. If temperature stays above 100 F for more than 3 days or if temperature crosses 103 F, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based as per physic...  Read Full »

I have mild sore throat and temperature. Should I consult a doctor for Covid-19 symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild sore throat last Friday and started to take Strepsils then the pain gone last Sunday. But early morning today at around 2 AM I had chills until the morning. I took Paracetamol right away. My body temperature is 37.2 currently. Should I go to the hospital? Are my symptoms ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viral infections produce similar symptoms. Common cold or seasonal flu produces similar symptoms as does Coronavirus. However, it is the severity of symptoms that are worrying in Coronavirus and the body's response to contain the virus. There is no need to panic righ...  Read Full »

Is there any relation between BBT raise during ovulation and conception?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17 years old and from there on I was taking Diane 35 to regulate my periods. I was having three months gap between periods and sometimes was regular before treatment. Now I am 25 years old, married and trying to conceive. So I had stopped Diane 35 la...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chance of pregnancy in the ovulatory cycle is around 25-30%. As ovulation was confirmed, you have some chance. Rise in basal body temperature is an unreliable predictor of ovulation, and once you had confirmed ovulation by a more reliable test (ultrasound), there...  Read Full »

What is the most accurate way to measure body temperature?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question regarding body temperature measurement. What is the most accurate way to take one's temperature?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The anal temperature is the best way to measure the core temperature of the body. For further information consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician   Read Full »

Digital vs. analog thermometer.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like my forehead is hot, and I have a fever. I have both digital and analog thermometer. The underarm temperature in the analog thermometer shows 98.3 F, and in the mouth, it shows 99 F. The underarm temperature in the digital thermometer shows 98.4 F, and in the mouth, it is 99.1...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, this is not a fever. Both thermometers are accurate, but analog is better. Mouth is better for checking the temperature and 1 to 2 minutes is sufficient for checking the temperature. Normally, oral temperature is more than axillary temperature by 0.5 to 1 F, ...  Read Full »

I get nervous and body temperature increases during foreplay. Is there any medicine for it?

Query: Hello doctor,When I start foreplay I get so nervous, body temperature gets so hot, and heart rate beats so fast. I get precum in 2 minutes after that erection goes. So after that, I do not know when I can get an erection again. Will it come after half an hour and after that will I be fine? Is this n...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to feel nervous during foreplay initially, most of the time it becomes normal after few days so it is better to wait few more days and spend more time during foreplay so that ejaculation will not be fast and you can enjoy your sex life to the full extent...  Read Full »

My 15 years old daughter had flu shot two weeks ago and her body temperature is not constant. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 15-year-old very healthy, active and fit daughter had the flu shot two weeks ago. Today she woke up this morning with lethargic, chills, shivering, cough, headache and body aches. She is sleeping on and off. Eating a little. It is unusual for her to get anything. No medications or h...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attack of flu is unlikely to come. However, it is possible to have some other viral infection leading to such symptoms like fever, cold, running nose, chills, and temperature. In such a situation, it is better to use a drug like Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) 10 mg per ...  Read Full »

Does my low temperature indicate something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female, approximately 5 feet, and weigh 115 pounds. I have not been feeling myself the past few days. So, this morning I checked my temperature and it was 97.5, and now it is 96.1. This worries me as my temperature normally stays around 98.9. I am feeling worse toda...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the core body temperature drops below 95 degrees Fahrenheit it is a potentially serious condition and immediate treatment must be sought. If you already feel unwell it would be a good idea to go to the ER now given the temperature is 96 or dropping. Also, keep you...  Read Full »

What is the exact dose of Meftal-P for a 22 months old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter got fever since last night. It has been 24 hours and her fever is between 102 and 103.5 degree Fahrenheit. She has no other symptom till now. She is 22 months old. We are giving her Fevago drops. What can we do for her?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a viral fever, so continue giving Paracetamol that is Fevago every 4 to 5 hours irrespective of fever. If fever is above 101 degree Fahrenheit, then start tepid sponging and give Meftal-P syrup (Mefenamic acid) instead of Paracetamol. If the fever...  Read Full »

Can my baby still have her shots if she has a fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is a month and a half. Her 2-month appointment for her shots is due very soon. But, she had been coughing a little and sneezing since about two days ago. She felt a little warm today and I took her underarm temperature and it was 99.2. I am a first-time mother. Should I tak...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that babies below the age of 6 months have a cough and cold occasionally. It is normal as long as the child is able to feed well. Regarding the feeling of warmth, the baby's head is always warmer than the rest of the body and a temperature of 99.2 F is not ...  Read Full »