Q. I have a sore on my testis which bleeds when squeezed. What could it be?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I have a sore on my testis. It is round and bulged with an indent in the middle. When I try and squeeze it, it bleeds but no pus or discharge. I did go to my general physician, and he says it might be a wart, but he is not sure. I would like to get a second opinion.

#

The attached photograph (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) looks like a genital ulcer. There are different reasons for this.

1. It could be due to bacterial infection.

2. Due to some medications.

3. Trauma.

4. Venereal disease.

There are some questions that I needed to ask you to pinpoint the diagnosis-

1. Is there any other lump in the groin area?

2. Did you have unprotected intercourse recently?

3. Does it feel hard to touch?

4. Was there any blister before the occurrence of sore?

You said it is painful, so could it be a type of bacterial infection to be sure you can get a microscopic examination of the blood discharge. And there are some tests to be done.

VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test), TPHA (treponema pallidum hemagglutination assay) test. You should get it done to rule out venereal disease.

In the meantime, do not press the lesion. Do not touch it with unhygienic hands. Clean the area and keep it dry.

Review with the reports of investigations.

|