Q. I have heartburn, dry cough, and nausea for almost a month now. Can you suggest medicines?

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2020

I have been having heartburn, dry cough, and nauseous feel for almost a month now. I have amended my diet for more than two months and have not been eating pork or beef. I am taking veggies and fish now. Also, I am eating small portions already. At the onset, I experience that food has been stuck in my throat, and my stomach feels like it is always full, although I feel hunger.

Both my toes cramps at the same time and my toe bumps are also painful. I have been diagnosed with gastritis since a decade ago. I am a 35 years old female and weighs 51 kg. Doctor, can you prescribe me medication? Thank you very much!

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I reviewed your detailed history, which is more suggestive of reflux disease.

I would like to prescribe some treatment at the moment, and I am hopeful that it will get better. There is nothing to worry about and nothing to panic.

If you have any other query kindly get back to me. Thank You.

No need at the moment

GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

1. Capsule Omeprazole 40 mg. One in the morning and one in the evening before meals for two weeks and then only one in the morning before meals for two weeks.

2. Tablet Levosulpiride 25 mg. one tablet two times daily before meals for two weeks.

3. Syrup Gaviscon 10 mL. Two times daily after meals.

1. Elevate the headend of your bed by at least 5 inches.
2. There should be at least 2 hours gap between dinner and going to bed.
3. Avoid smoking.
4. Avoid late-night tea/coffee.

Get back to me in a week.

| 

I have a dry cough which gets worse at night. Please suggest a cure.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 10 weeks pregnant and have developed a chesty dry cough. It is particularly bad when I lie down to sleep at night. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Does Omeprazole 20 mg have side effects?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from symptoms of gastritis now for over a week. However, I took a capsule of Omeprazole 20 mg, and there seems to be a considerable relief, and I feel a lot better. Is it possible that one capsule can do this? Also, I have read online that Omeprazole can be associ...  Read Full »

I have chest congestion, nose block and cough after a recent weather change. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chest congestion and nose block leading to the formation of a thick yellow mucus when I wake up in the morning. This started after a recent weather change in my city and I have this problem for a week now. I have not taken any medication yet. I do not have any other health is...  Read Full »